Acura World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... I have a serious problem.. When I turn my car all the way to the locks either left or right the steering wheel jerks back and a loud popping noise comes... I am thinking it is the axle, but I just replaced it and its only got about 2500 miles. I just replaced the passenger side today because it was popping out of the tranny.... there is no rips in either of the boots on the driver side axle....any ideas would be helpful....

Also another problem.... when I am driving down the road at a constant speed... doesnt matter what the gear or speed is... the car loses power.... if I step on it the car will hesitate and then regain power but when I let off a little bit, it goes right back to doing the same old thing..... Thank you ahead of time for your suggestions/ ideas

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is a 96 ls manual tranny....123k new motor has about 3k in my car 40 total... I drove the damn thing across the country when I moved... I get here and take it to the store the next day and this problem happens... the stalling started on the way out....

·
Registered
35 Posts
My guess for the noise would be a balljoint, balljoints need to rotate in place when you turn the spindle around them (when you turn, you force the spindle around) And if they have some debris in the balljoint, it may catch. Though I've never heard of it jerking back and making a loud pop, its a definite place to look

1 - 5 of 5 Posts