Acura World banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay..this has been happening on and off since I owned the car....sometimes there is this weird noise that comes from the steering wheel area. it's not a squeak....more of a rattle noise..and it's SOOOO DAMN ANNOYING! It makes the car feel cheap ass heck! and when i push against the steering wheel..it stops. it get's loud..then a little quiet...then louder....wtF! and it doesn't do it all the time....so when I got dealer... it's like... "what noise?" should I just go in and have them take off the steering wheel? :mad:

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
haha if so make sure you bring it to a different dealer ;) i don't have any noise with my steering wheel at all.... does it make noise when you are drivng or at idle? turning or straight?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hahah Henry..what i Meant was..everytime I go to the dealer..the rattle is gone. It mainly happens when I drive straight.

yeah...exactly! i was like..WTF is this noise? there's like a mouse in it or something. it looks like they didn't make the wheel tight. cause when i push the steering down..it stops making noise. I just don't want to walk in...and they'll be like..okay..lemme ride in it..and there is no fooking noise. I CANNOT reproduce this..I tried many times.

·
That is all.....
5,936 Posts
I had this before and I told the dealer and they couldn't find it. So what I did was I made my girl drive and I closely looked at the plastic part behind the steering wheel. Well along the line where the the two plastic parts meet, I see a big crease and it wasn't closed all the way. After pressing and holding the two joints together, it went away. I think it was this... or me hitting it a few times with my fist that made it go away....:D

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha! Man..I was hitting my steering wheel..that plastic thing! lol..my friend was like "uhhhh.. :sqnteek:" hahaha! I'll take a closer look later when I drive to my friend's shop. But I doubt it's that...cause I remember that thing was sealed, didn't feel any gaps. besides..i don't have a girlfriend to drive my car.. :(

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
It always happens when you want to show the dealer something wrong with your car and it never happens when they are in the car.:mad:

About your steering wheel rattle, that is a first. Maybe it wasn't put together correctly.:dunno: If it continues just take it to the dealer and drive around until the dealer hears it.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That'll take days..hehe! and I can't leave the car with them..no freaking loaner..cuz I ain't 21... :rolleyes: This sucks royal ass. I guess I'll just take it to the dealer and force them to remove it and see if anything is loose.

BTW, don't want to be off-topic.. I removed my 3.2TL-S emblem! hehehe! looks much cleaner. :D

·
That is all.....
5,936 Posts
BlackShadow said:
It always happens when you want to show the dealer something wrong with your car and it never happens when they are in the car.:mad:

Ain't that the fucking truth!:mad: I swear I had this rattle in my driver side door when ever I go over 80mph... Well I took it to the dealer and had a tech sit with me and went around 80mph and the rattle did not come back until I dropped off the tech and drove on the highway... At this point I was :mad:... What I did, don't laugh now, I nicely asked my car "Please fucking stop this! I love you and I do not want to trade you in!" Well it went away....

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
ElegantTL-S said:
hahah Henry..what i Meant was..everytime I go to the dealer..the rattle is gone. It mainly happens when I drive straight.

yeah...exactly! i was like..WTF is this noise? there's like a mouse in it or something. it looks like they didn't make the wheel tight. cause when i push the steering down..it stops making noise. I just don't want to walk in...and they'll be like..okay..lemme ride in it..and there is no fooking noise. I CANNOT reproduce this..I tried many times.
haha...i bet if you didn't have a warranty they would find it :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.