Acura World banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started to notice this saturday nite but when I am going 60-80 and I hit the brakes the steering wheel vibrates..I'm planning on taking it to ACURA tomorrow morning, but just wanted to know if any1 else has had this issue before. Its only got 6600 miles on it and i got it this past Jan.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you already checked your tire pressure and you haven't hit a pothole that has messed up your alighnment, it is probably the rotors are warped. I think someone posted that Acura replaced them under warranty, since you only have 6600 make them replace them under warranty.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i thought ususally with warped rotors the vibrating of the steering wheel is very aggressive...but what i get now is just a real light shaking of the steering wheel....

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
I had the same problem. I went the the dealer for service and told them about the problem. They replace front brake pads and re-surface the rotors under warranty.

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
sqamar95 said:
i thought ususally with warped rotors the vibrating of the steering wheel is very aggressive...but what i get now is just a real light shaking of the steering wheel....
it all started out with some very slightly vibration in my case as well. i thought it's just the road, but couple weeks later, i KNEW it's the rotos.

bring it in early

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
it has to be the rotors.

if you hit the brakes and ur car shakes then it's the rotors.
if your car shakes without brake then it's alignment/slight bent rims.
if you head shakes then u need to see a doctor.
:)

SQamar95- u should sell this and get a 330ci soon.

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Re: it has to be the rotors.

LIL RAJA said:
if you hit the brakes and ur car shakes then it's the rotors.
if your car shakes without brake then it's alignment/slight bent rims.
:)

SQamar95- u should sell this and get a 330ci soon.
lmao.... this is a good one :)

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
Re: it has to be the rotors.

LIL RAJA said:
NO :no:

if your head shakes...........there will be an earthquake!! :yes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.