Acura World banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At 90,000 miles give or take a few my 2010 RDX developed a vibration I first picked up at the console and the passenger seat back. I soon was picking it up in the steering wheel, under load particularly right from stop to cruise.

A service advisor at the local Acura dealer told me I could pay $90 to have them road test it and diagnose or I put axles in it. He said they are having a problem with them. As it turned out the axles where on back order and had been for a while.

I secured new replacement axles from Rockauto and installed them. Most of the vibration was gone except under load from 55 to 60mph under load I still had a little.

40,000 miles later it's pretty rough again. Changing the left axle has made a big difference, ordering the right side tonight.

My question is: It is more than axles? It's not tires, brakes, alignment. Anyone been thru this on the RDX? Any factory input, there's been no TSBS that I can find.

·
Registered
30 Posts
You say "It's not tires, brakes, alignment". I disagree. The vibrations while driving are caused by either tires, or alignment. Bad rotors would cause vibration when you apply brakes. When wheels are bent it would also cause vibration. Bad engine mounts would contribute to vibration when in neutral.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.