Acura World banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any one can answer this, please respond, my car after i get a car wash, i mean only after i get a car wash i turn my stereo on it makes this ear piercing sharp noise , not radio noise but a sharp noise, do any of you guys might know what can cause this, i mean only after i wash my car, i thought it was the ground wire but i've changed and moved it so.. i'm don't know what it can be.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Does it make this noise only in the radio mode or also in CD and Tape mode?

If it makes the noise only in the radio mode, then I would suspect that there could be some problem with the antenna or some RF interference.

If it makes the noise regardless of mode of operation, then it could be an issue with the headunit itself. If you have extra aftermarket equipment hooked up, then that may be worth checking too.

It's real peculiar that this would only happen after a car wash. Is it at all possible that the water is getting into one of your stereo components? Do you have an electronic crossover inside your door that might be getting wet?:dunno:

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
Don't you hate it when the problem starts after the accident?

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
evolaerok said:
wow never heard of this one. only when a call comes in to my cell phone will I hear a weird noise from the stereo.
yep i get that too - nokia??

I noticed a WIERD thing the other day - if my Cell is in my car & ringing... I can't use the remote to lock or unlock the door til its done ringning --- weird....

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
evolaerok said:
wow never heard of this one. only when a call comes in to my cell phone will I hear a weird noise from the stereo.
Maybe that's sound of signal. :D

·
Registered
140 Posts
I cant even have my nextel on while in the car at all. If i plug my nokia in for a charge i get a ticking noise out of the sub. two phones and still out of luck.
i think the nokia (when not plugged in) only makes a noise on the radio just befour it rings.
but in my van(gm) both phone have no effect
So is it are head units or what :dunno:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.