Acura World banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious..

because i know a buncha people who have TLs but nobody has had their actual cars stolen...

so has anybody had their TL stolen...specifically the 2nd generation TLs 99 +??

i'm just curious because nobody has really made complaints on TLs being stolen.

thanks.

·
magic number ==> 69
318 Posts
i Know couple peeps got their head light stolen.

·
Jack This
2,318 Posts
I had my Dealer License plate ring stolen.

Why? I'll never know. I've only had my car for 3 weeks, I still haven't rec'd my DMV plates yet. But someone wanted that $2 piece of plastic pretty bad I guess. Didn't even leave me the bolts that crook!

:dunno:

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
There seriously isn't much thefts with the TL/CLs. Most of the time when your car gets stolen..it's for the parts....obvious the Accord/Camry is the most popular. But our cars....they really only want one thing. our HID's...they dont' need the whole car for that. And if it does get stolen, it's usually a joyride.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
baggsTLS said:
I had my Dealer License plate ring stolen.
Why in the world? :sqnteek:

·
Acuraworld Junior Member
162 Posts
Wax n wash <~~his tl-s got stolen

·
Registered
622 Posts
I only remember one member on TL.com saying his TL was stolen. However, many board members did not believe him, as they thought it might be an Insurance Scam. Anyway, that guy never did tell us if his alledgedly stolen car was recovered or not. I have not heard of any others.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
BLEXV6 said:
I only remember one member on TL.com saying his TL was stolen. However, many board members did not believe him, as they thought it might be an Insurance Scam. Anyway, that guy never did tell us if his alledgedly stolen car was recovered or not. I have not heard of any others.
his username was AzN TL or something..and yes..it was recovered.

·
Registered
622 Posts
ElegantTL-S said:

his username was AzN TL or something..and yes..it was recovered.
Excellent memory, and that user name seems right. Was it recovered intact or stripped?

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
ElegantTL-S said:

Thanks..but I have horrible memory. :D Hmm.....the only real thing I remember was the slashed seats and interior panels. I don't remember anything else.
the seats were stripped, and only some MINOR stuff stolen like the sways or so.... that's why it's fishy coz' his rims were taken off by him days before his car was recovered.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.