Acura World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw brotherhood of the wolf this weekend. It was very wierd. It was also in french with subtitles...:sqnteek:

·
Acuraworld Veteran
1,108 Posts
hahah DUde when you called me to tell you that and I was making fun of you for seeing a "stupid" french movie and making fun of french movies. Kallie and her friend were over and I totally forgot that Kallie is French, hahahaha. That's fucking funny shit.

·
Fire-Breathing Femme
6,064 Posts
Some of the best movies I've ever seen are subtitled:

Life Is Beautiful (it was later dubbed for HBO and whanot, but it SUCKS in English)

Jean DeFlorette

Manon of the Spring

Of course, not a one of them outshines Tommy Boy or Pee-Wee's Big Adventure... :D

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
just rented this movie on DVD..

thank god for dubbing cuz I hardly understood this movie in Engrish!!

French make some strange movies.. :D

·
Moderator?
9,790 Posts
What is this flashback thread night? I saw pgatour1's name and thought the bastard was back until I saw the date.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Edub:
Shame on you for bringing this back...but I actually loved the movie :) That girl in it was hot as hell (not the possessed one...the policewoman/prostitute)...

Austin519

·
Registered
16,389 Posts
Phoenix said:
Some of the best movies I've ever seen are subtitled:

Life Is Beautiful (it was later dubbed for HBO and whanot, but it SUCKS in English)

Jean DeFlorette

Manon of the Spring

Of course, not a one of them outshines Tommy Boy or Pee-Wee's Big Adventure... :D
I know this is an old thread but

:bow: :bow: :werd:

Mandi, may I recommend a few other gems?

Roberto Begnini in some hliarious movies (he writes and directs most of his films):

The Monster

Johnny Stecchino

very erotic:

The Lover

feel good:

My LIfe as a Dog

Amelie

The King of Hearts

Provocative dramas:

Eat, Drink, Man, Woman

Raise the Red Lantern

ok that was more than a few :eek: but these are all excellent movies that get missed by too many people because they aren't in english.

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
<-- Mandi posting as Sky again because I'm uploading pics on his profile...

I've actually seen The Lover and Raise the Red Lantern - great flicks! :bigok: The Lover kind of freaked me out, because that actress really WAS 14 or so when it was made, but damn, that guy was hot! :eek:

My dad's huge on subtitled movies, and my mom's a French teacher, so I grew up watching foreign films. I always thought I was a freak!

BTW - something called Trouble in Tiny Town is my uncle David's favorite movie...a midget Western... :dunno:

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Austin519 said:
Edub:
Shame on you for bringing this back... That girl in it was hot as hell (not the possessed one...the policewoman/prostitute)...

Austin519
hehe :bigok: I agree on both points! ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts