Acura World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2000 TL that has been sitting in the driveway for a while due to other problems (broken cross beam). I start it up once in a while and let it idle for 30 minutes to keep the battery charged.

A few days ago I noticed a pool of transmission fluid under the car. Not a few drops, quite a bit. I checked the level and it was low but still registered. I turned the front wheels to left to see the axle in case it was coming from the axle seal.

I started it up and looked in the left front left wheel opening and I could see transmission fluid leaking down from the top of the transmission case down the side of the case. It was a pretty good leak... more like a stream.

Are there any lines (tubes/pipes/hoses) on the top of the transmission case that could have rusted or broken and now the fluid is leaking out from there ?

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
This, unfortunately, isn't something that I can think of a likely cause for. Just going to have to do some recon under the hood :)

·
AW Detailing Wanker
16,287 Posts
It may not apply, but I had a loose bolt on the top of the trans on my integra once that allowed fluid to leak out, might check for that. Make sure there are no bolts loose. If nothing springs out and you can't trace the fluid trail back to one point try cleaning off the top of the trans then going for a short drive and see if you can trace the leak on the clean surface.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts