Acura World banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at HIN and i saw lots of cars had a strobe kit and i think it looks pretty cool. So i'm checkin ebay and i notice that some strobe kits are in the 200 dollar range, while some like streetglow kits are around 50 dollars. Can anyone give me some info about strobe kits?

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
rayman009 said:
I was at HIN and i saw lots of cars had a strobe kit and i think it looks pretty cool. So i'm checkin ebay and i notice that some strobe kits are in the 200 dollar range, while some like streetglow kits are around 50 dollars. Can anyone give me some info about strobe kits?
i think it's about how bright and how fast they can switch on and off? talk to ray (elegantTL) about this, he knows. if you really want a good pair you gotta hook up with a cop for on, the ones they are using are great, fast and darn bright

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Well..the obvious good ones are the police ones...which is illegal to have on your car since you are not a law emforcement vehicle. which is expensive..and you need to know a cop. Cost..$250 and UP.

The aftermarket ones suck....esp the cheap ones...sometimes it doesn't even blink....the patterns are all screwed up. I have never tried those more expensive ones...since no one wants to fork over the money for them. So I wouldn't know if they are that any better. if your gonna pay that much...get police strobes.

disclaimer, i have no connections to cops to buy these.....i didn't say anything about police thingies..... :p :laugh:

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
ElegantTL-S said:
Well..the obvious good ones are the police ones...which is illegal to have on your car since you are not a law emforcement vehicle. which is expensive..and you need to know a cop. Cost..$250 and UP.

The aftermarket ones suck....esp the cheap ones...sometimes it doesn't even blink....the patterns are all screwed up. I have never tried those more expensive ones...since no one wants to fork over the money for them. So I wouldn't know if they are that any better. if your gonna pay that much...get police strobes.

disclaimer, i have no connections to cops to buy these.....i didn't say anything about police thingies..... :p :laugh:
don't worry ray, we logged you :D:D

·
Registered
14,297 Posts
well i saw this strobe kit on a CLS here couple of weeks ago.. and it seems pretty bright, he had blue and white going on and off... real sweet. he hooked me up with the place that did it for him.. they wanted 200 bucks for adding strobes to the front turn signals and the fogs lights, and for the rear reverse lights and rear turn signals....

I think im gonna do it, it looked bad ass... ya think thats a good price? :angel:

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Crazy_AcurA said:
well i saw this strobe kit on a CLS here couple of weeks ago.. and it seems pretty bright, he had blue and white going on and off... real sweet. he hooked me up with the place that did it for him.. they wanted 200 bucks for adding strobes to the front turn signals and the fogs lights, and for the rear reverse lights and rear turn signals....

I think im gonna do it, it looked bad ass... ya think thats a good price? :angel:
200 for all that is a pretty sweet deal

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.