Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
www.citrusgirl.com
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get sways or somethign that will tighten up my ride so I can take corners a lil faster. What would you recommed? I am not familiar with any of these things so any help woudl be greatly appreciated.

Thank you :bigok:

·
Registered
896 Posts
juila i know strut and sway bars can help but i do not know which one is the best i know they had a post about them awhile ago and josh, was going to get him some so you can always ask him or Ray. i want to get strut bars for my car cause i heard they help.

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
oh another debate :) i am sure edgalang will give you tons of info julia. he is using neuspeed and it's the most aggressive one out there. i am using comptech and very happy about it. they are about the same price. it improves handling dramatically.

and for the strut bar, it's effect is minimal compared to the sways, so you can imagine how much better sways are.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I ordered my Neuspeed race sways and Neuspeed strut tower bar. Hopefully, they'll be installed this weekend. I got my rear race sway in the mail yesterday and yeah that thing is thick n' heavy. It's 15 lbs of 1" diameter steel. What a delight, it has this cute warning sticker that its for "OFF-ROAD RACE USE ONLY."

I laugh in the face of danger:D .

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
Bebber said:
it has this cute warning sticker that its for "OFF-ROAD RACE USE ONLY."

I laugh in the face of danger:D .
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Purchased: April 28, 2001
1,440 Posts
Bebber said:
What a delight, it has this cute warning sticker that its for "OFF-ROAD RACE USE ONLY."
Take my advice...remove that sticker as soon as possible. You want these bars to look OEM as much as possible. It'll save you a headache from dealer mechanics and insurance agents later down the road.

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
blingbling_girl said:
why would it be for off road use only? does it mess the car up?
Plausible deniability my dear. :D They don't mess the car up as far as anyone knows. If you're just a casual cornerer, the comptech sways will be a wonderful add-on. :)

·
1,440 Posts
blingbling_girl said:
Depends. The original application was meant for racing...which means maximum performance...but you should be driving around in relatively decent roads. I wouldnt recommend this bar if you plan on driving up and down sidewalks if you know what I mean. If you want the LEAST amount of body roll, you can't get any better than the Neuspeed racing set...but let me make a point that these bars aren't for everyone.

How often do you drive on uneven roads? That's the first question you should ask yourself.

If the answer is never...where you only drive it in the city, freeway, highway, and no off-roading 4x4 stuff...then you qualify.

P.S.
If the Comptech's were only $50-100 cheaper...than maybe we have a contender...but for around the same price :bash: I just had to go for the Neuspeeds. I consider myslef lucky too...since I was the first ones to get them and didn't have anyone to help me out in case sh*t happens. But then again I did the exact same thign with my exhausts so :beerchug:

·
www.citrusgirl.com
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i don't do any 4x4 stuff, but i occasionally have to drive up a dirt road. what happens if i do drive up a dirt road with sways? what kind are you reccommending edgalang?

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
blingbling_girl said:
i don't do any 4x4 stuff, but i occasionally have to drive up a dirt road. what happens if i do drive up a dirt road with sways? what kind are you reccommending edgalang?
Here's the thing. With the neuspeed sways being the stiffest out there, you are taking a risk - albeit a minor one - by putting them on. The Neuspeed sways are thicker and heavier than the comptech ones. The comptech sways themselves are a 100% improvement from what I've heard, so you will see big gains cornering-wise with them. If you're not into hardcore, at the edge of your seat cornering, you probably won't get anything but the minor risk of breaking something out of the neuspeeds as compared to the comptechs.

·
1,440 Posts
autoxCLS said:

If you're not into hardcore, at the edge of your seat cornering, you probably won't get anything but the minor risk of breaking something out of the neuspeeds as compared to the comptechs.
True...but the Comptech's are the squeeky squeeky ones :p

As a side note (to keep us on the subject)...stiffer doesn't HAVE to mean better. Do I think stiffer springs are better? To an extent yes...but eventually you'll reach that peak that any stiffer will actually be worse (in overall usability like with race springs...but that's just my opinion). You could apply that with sways too and I'd like to think that the Neuspeed's are sitting up there at the peak of the bell curve (while other's might disagree).

I'd almost agree with autoxCLS on this one (If used as a daily driver and thats it). But...if you ever plan on doing a lil track racing (like an SCCA autocross course) then by all means go Neuspeed and never look back.

·
www.citrusgirl.com
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what is it that i woudl break?!??!??!

I want these just so i can take the freeway offramps faster...and the occasional mountain road. (I drive aggressivly)

So am i hearing this correctly.....i shoudl get the Comptechs for this kinda of use?!??!?!:rolleyes:

·
1,440 Posts
blingbling_girl said:
what is it that i woudl break?!??!??!

I want these just so i can take the freeway offramps faster...and the occasional mountain road. (I drive aggressivly)

So am i hearing this correctly.....i shoudl get the Comptechs for this kinda of use?!??!?!:rolleyes:
The first thing that would break is the endlink rods. But then again even with the comptech...pushing them to the limits might break the bars also. Don't quote me on this, but I think each rod runs around $20 *if it does happen (which is unlikely, and you'll probably only be replacing one side).

As for your case...notice that noone's really stepping up to the plate to tell you which set of bars are the best? I myself don't want to get bit in the ass later if (god forbid) you spun out on that offramp.

On thing is for certain...and noone can argue with you here, is that the Neuspeed racing set will reduce your bodyroll the MOST.

Anything after that is your decision. I myself can verify the quality and gerth of the Neuspeed bars and that the only time I've ever broken my endlink rods was when I collided with a concrete divider. I've driven on bumpy roads, up and down inclined driveways, and on dirt roads.

Are my bars and endlink rods ok? Yep. :thumbsup:

Would I ever go back to stock? Nope. :thumbdow:

Would I want my bars stiffer than they are now? Maybe. :smokin:

Hope that answer's your question. :cool:

·
www.citrusgirl.com
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok, thanks for the help. One more question...i notice that there are two different bars one can purchase for the rear of the car. which one shoudl i get? the thin one wihtout a warning or the thick one with a warning? :rolleyes: i dunno..... also, where is the best/cheapest place to get these that you know of.....

THANK YOU!;)

·
Registered
385 Posts
I took off the warning sticker already. It was a real pain to get off; they must use super strength adhesive.

I'd say either get the thicker Neuspeed race rear sway, or go with Comptech sways for front and rear. The thin Neuspeed rear sway is so small that you'll be getting more pronounced understeer and our front wheel drive cars have enough of that already. I'm hoping that the beefy rear race bar will even out the handling characteristics and make it more neutral.

I got my front sway ($150) from Impex and my rear sway from acura-tl.com ($177 incl shipping) since those were cheaper for those exact parts. dunno why.

·
1,440 Posts
blingbling_girl said:
which one shoudl i get? the thin one wihtout a warning or the thick one with a warning?
The thicker 25mm one of course. THe 19mm bar is reserved for Accord LX's where their bars are only 16mm wide. Our stock bars are already 19mm so...just like with Suspention Techniques....don't even bother with them.

You should only be considering these 3 options.

Comptech (22mm rear)
Eibach *ETA unknown (23mm rear)
Neuspeed Race (25mm rear)

Oh and dont forget...you also have to order the Neuspeed front bar since they are sold seperately.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
they say that to protect themselves

blingbling_girl said:
Off road use meaning not for road useage. That way they can't be sued for any damages to the car. For example. the fake xenon lights - they are for off road use only. Meaning buyer beware, if you get pulled over by a cop you are at risk, the seller told you this is not for road use. Most of these companies are reputable, just pick the one that meets you need. you should be okay.

when i get some money i am getting coilovers for mine. the stock ride is too high for my taste.

LIL Raja

·
Registered
385 Posts
Dvsrice said:
so Josh where are you going to install your bars at??
going to Impex this saturday if all goes well.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.