Acura World banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been having this issue for a while now..everytime i brake my steering wheel shakes..already got the rotors resurfaced 2 times within 10,000miles...this time imma ask for new rotors cuz im not tryin to have them resurfaced for the 3rd time..

·
Registered
17,525 Posts
Escamar said:
been having this issue for a while now..everytime i brake my steering wheel shakes..already got the rotors resurfaced 2 times within 10,000miles...this time imma ask for new rotors cuz im not tryin to have them resurfaced for the 3rd time..
i got mine warped from braking repeatedly from 140+.

how'd you warp yours??? :sqnteek: :naughty:

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: taken the car back for the 3rd time...

ken2000ac said:

i got mine warped from braking repeatedly from 140+.

how'd you warp yours??? :sqnteek: :naughty:

dont know...i rarely go fast and i dont even brake hard..also the fastest if gone is 90..im a lil careful after i got my ticket a couple months ago..

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Escamar said:
correction for grammar.

I have been having this issue for a while now..everytime i break my steering wheels shakes..I already got the rotors resurfaced twice within 10,000 miles...This time I am going to ask for new rotors because i am or i'm not trying to have them resurface (minus the D, it's not in the past tence) for the third time.

However, ur english is improving. So keep up mr. brit.

Hey, turn in ur car on friday afternoon, let's get a loaner and take that jonx up to AC. bling bling ya, I need some money that is waiting for me at AC.

LIL Raja :beerchug:

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

LIL RAJA said:

correction for grammar.

I have been having this issue for a while now..everytime i break my steering wheels shakes..I already got the rotors resurfaced twice within 10,000 miles...This time I am going to ask for new rotors because i am or i'm not trying to have them resurface (minus the D, it's not in the past tence) for the third time.

Hey, turn in ur car on friday afternoon, let's get a loaner and take that jonx up to AC. bling bling ya, I need some money that is waiting for me at AC.

Raja....im sensing you got a bit tooooooooo much time on your hands...and forget AC....OC is da place to go!!!!

also can we please stick to the subject of the thread..

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Re: Re: Re: taken the car back for the 3rd time...

Escamar said:

Raja....im sensing you got a bit tooooooooo much time on your hands...and forget AC....OC is da place to go!!!!

also can we please stick to the subject of the thread..
i am sticking to the subject. Your poor english is not assisting others to understand, so as a honorary member of AW club, i took the step to clarify your broken english. It's all good, we all understand you are british. :beerchug:

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: taken the car back for the 3rd time...

LIL RAJA said:

i am sticking to the subject. Your poor english is not assisting others to understand, so as a honorary member of AW club, i took the step to clarify your broken english. It's all good, we all understand you are british. :beerchug:

blah blah blah....

you all bout pity posts..you PW!!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: taken the car back for the 3rd time...

Escamar said:

blah blah blah....

you all bout pity posts..you PW!!
i understand. like a women you are gong bla bla bla. it's kewl. i understand you do not have sufficient skills to defend yourself yet. In a year or two we will talk.
LIL Raja

·
Registered
42 Posts
Escamar said:

I don't know if you did this, but if you wash your car while the rotors are hot, they can be warp. I usually let the car sits for about 15-20 min. before I spray water on the wheels. My last car had warp rotors because I would start washing my car after a long drive from a stop and go traffice and I didn't wait til the rotors cool down.

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,086 Posts
That's what they'll do. They're not suppose to resurface the rotors at this time. Have them replace the rotors for ya. Good luck!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Warped rotors

Assuming you're not doing excessive braking under severe conditions, there is a TSB for warped rotors. I had my rotors resurfaced, and the brake pads replaced with (supposedly) softer versions which do not generate as much heat. This was all covered under the warranty.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Warped rotors

schen72 said:
Assuming you're not doing excessive braking under severe conditions, there is a TSB for warped rotors. I had my rotors resurfaced, and the brake pads replaced with (supposedly) softer versions which do not generate as much heat. This was all covered under the warranty.

got my car back...ahhhh what feeling when your ride is in perfect working condition...yea i got new rotors now and everything is running smoooooothly..

·
Registered
222 Posts

LIL RAJA said:

correction for grammar.

LIL Raja,

I'm pretty sure that it should be "resurfaced" and not "resurface". Now I don't exactly know the reason/condition but I am pretty sure. For example:

You would say, "I need to take my car in to have it inspected" not "I need to take my car in have it inspect.

Maybe someone else can chime in?

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,086 Posts
Re: Re: Warped rotors

Escamar said:

got my car back...ahhhh what feeling when your ride is in perfect working condition...yea i got new rotors now and everything is running smoooooothly..
:bigok: :thumbsup:

You got yourself new rotors & pads so you shouldn't have any problems from now on. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.