Acura World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I need help picking out a coilover package for my 03 TL-S. It's my daily driver, so i want good handling without sacrificing too much of the ride. I have 18" rims with tokico shocks and eibach springs (springs/shocks have been on my car for 8 years and are done!). I also have front camber adjusters installed but still seem to be wearing the insides of the tires even after 2 alignmets. I'm leaning towards the Ksport kontrol pro, but any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Old Parts Slinger
9,587 Posts
The setup you have is a really good street package: good handling without sacrificing too much comfort. If anything, with the age of the shocks, I'd rather do a shock replacement. I've been a Tokico dealer for many years, so if you need new shocks, let me know. You can also find the shocks on my website here:
99-03 TL Tokico HP Shock - Front Pair [HU3730] - $150.00 : HONSPORT, Truth in Engineering
99-03 TL Tokico HP Shock - Rear Pair [HU2934] - $150.00 : HONSPORT, Truth in Engineering

However, if you do want to switch to a full coilover system, I'd choose the Tein setup over the two others (even though I sell Megan as well). The Tein setup is engineered better where-as Megan and K-Sport are essentially "bottom of the barrel" pre-packaged setups from a company in Taiwan. For the Tein setups, you have 3 flavors: basic, super street and super street w/ upper mount. The Megan units come pre-assembled and are ready to install.
99-03 TL Megan Racing Street Series Coilover [MR-CDK-HA98] - $885.00 : HONSPORT, Truth in Engineering
99-03 TL Tein Basic Coilover [DSH94-LUSS2] - $830.00 : HONSPORT, Truth in Engineering
99-03 TL Tein Super Street Coilover [DSH94-KUSS2] - $1,105.00 : HONSPORT, Truth in Engineering
99-03 TL Tein Super Street w/ Upper mount coilover [DSH-94-2USS1] - $1,420.00 : HONSPORT, Truth in Engineering

For something that works really well, if you don't mind paying the money for it would be the KW Variant 1. It's originally listed for 98-02 Accord, but will work on your TL. KW really seems to have the best blend of engineering, ride comfort and handling of almost all coilover systems I've ever used. I rank their systems on equal with those from Bilstein, Moton and even Penske.
98-02 ACCORD KW VARIANT 1 COILOVER [10250006] - $1,316.44 : HONSPORT, Truth in Engineering

Another Coilover I would look at (again, from an 98-02 Accord V6) would be the Tanabe S-OC coilover. The dampers are made by KYB to Tanabe's specs. They're actually a very comfortable coilover. It'll ride similar to your Eibachs (without the progressiveness) and give you ride height adjustability that you seem to want.
98-02 Accord V6 Tanabe S-0C Coilover [TSC023] - $760.00 : HONSPORT, Truth in Engineering

·
Old Parts Slinger
9,587 Posts
The setup you have is a really good street package: good handling without sacrificing too much comfort. If anything, with the age of the shocks, I'd rather do a shock replacement. I've been a Tokico dealer for many years, so if you need new shocks, let me know. You can also find the shocks on my website here:
99-03 TL Tokico HP Shock - Front Pair [HU3730] - $150.00 : HONSPORT, Truth in Engineering
99-03 TL Tokico HP Shock - Rear Pair [HU2934] - $150.00 : HONSPORT, Truth in Engineering

However, if you do want to switch to a full coilover system, I'd choose the Tein setup over the two others (even though I sell Megan as well). The Tein setup is engineered better where-as Megan and K-Sport are essentially "bottom of the barrel" pre-packaged setups from a company in Taiwan. For the Tein setups, you have 3 flavors: basic, super street and super street w/ upper mount. The Megan units come pre-assembled and are ready to install.
99-03 TL Megan Racing Street Series Coilover [MR-CDK-HA98] - $885.00 : HONSPORT, Truth in Engineering
99-03 TL Tein Basic Coilover [DSH94-LUSS2] - $830.00 : HONSPORT, Truth in Engineering
99-03 TL Tein Super Street Coilover [DSH94-KUSS2] - $1,105.00 : HONSPORT, Truth in Engineering
99-03 TL Tein Super Street w/ Upper mount coilover [DSH-94-2USS1] - $1,420.00 : HONSPORT, Truth in Engineering

For something that works really well, if you don't mind paying the money for it would be the KW Variant 1. It's originally listed for 98-02 Accord, but will work on your TL. KW really seems to have the best blend of engineering, ride comfort and handling of almost all coilover systems I've ever used. I rank their systems on equal with those from Bilstein, Moton and even Penske.
98-02 ACCORD KW VARIANT 1 COILOVER [10250006] - $1,316.44 : HONSPORT, Truth in Engineering

Another Coilover I would look at (again, from an 98-02 Accord V6) would be the Tanabe S-OC coilover. The dampers are made by KYB to Tanabe's specs. They're actually a very comfortable coilover. It'll ride similar to your Eibachs (without the progressiveness) and give you ride height adjustability that you seem to want.
98-02 Accord V6 Tanabe S-0C Coilover [TSC023] - $760.00 : HONSPORT, Truth in Engineering

1 - 3 of 3 Posts