Acura World banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's alright. It's a nice car but after thinking about it, I wouldn't trade up to one. I don't think the car is drastically different from the auto at all. Not in speed, handling or anything. I like the new tails and mirrors but I hate the rims and the new body-colored parts so styling neither a plus nor minus for me. The shifter and clutch are great, just like they are in all Honda products. The gear ratios are good and the car is definitely a little more powerful. I would dearly miss my springs/sways however. The LSD is nice but it still can't make up for what springs/sways do for the car. Plus, I've been in a 4-door mood for awhile anyways. I'd rather have a 6spd TL-S but even if (when) that becomes available I still don't know if it will get me to trade up.

Hello Acura... if you're listening, I'll take a 2004 or 2005 3.5TL Type S with 295hp, 250 lb-ft and a 6spd manual. I KNOW you can do it. So just do it. Thanks :D

·
Moderator?
9,790 Posts
I agree that its isn't that different. Its just a different driving experience. A 6 speed TL would be nice but I doubt it will happen. I don't think even the Legend sedan was available with a stick.

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
GoldTypeS said:
It's alright. It's a nice car but after thinking about it, I wouldn't trade up to one. I don't think the car is drastically different from the auto at all. Not in speed, handling or anything. I like the new tails and mirrors but I hate the rims and the new body-colored parts so styling neither a plus nor minus for me. The shifter and clutch are great, just like they are in all Honda products. The gear ratios are good and the car is definitely a little more powerful. I would dearly miss my springs/sways however. The LSD is nice but it still can't make up for what springs/sways do for the car. Plus, I've been in a 4-door mood for awhile anyways. I'd rather have a 6spd TL-S but even if (when) that becomes available I still don't know if it will get me to trade up.

Hello Acura... if you're listening, I'll take a 2004 or 2005 3.5TL Type S with 295hp, 250 lb-ft and a 6spd manual. I KNOW you can do it. So just do it. Thanks :D
Your wish is my command *bling*:D. Wait for one more year, and btw nice review:bigok: .

·
baby polar bear
1,755 Posts
I agree with you.

I test drove one today, and it was nice, but it isn't worth me trading up for.

I will pay mine off and leave it be and get another new car to go along with it in a couple of years, probably a sedan of some type.

·
Cajun Gumbo Man
916 Posts
Mine was paid in full a year ago, and that is the reason I can't part with it now ........I'd loose too much ! :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :drink: :drink: :drink: :bash: :bash:

·
Registered
47 Posts
legend sedan ,was avaiable in stick

1st gen legend sedan was available in stick ,. I had 1988 legend sedan 5 sp. until a trade 3 months later for legend coupe 5sp

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.