Acura World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I WANT YOU!
5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so excited! After 1 year, my braces are finally off! I will have to wear an upper and lower retainer 24/7 for the next 4 months then only at night for a long, long time. It feels really weird with the braces off, but even weirder with the retainers in. And yes, I do talk funny. LOL.

:bigok:

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Ahh I remember the joy of getting my braces off!!!! Dam I hated wearing that retarded head gear all day...

·
I WANT YOU!
5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nootch said:
Ahh I remember the joy of getting my braces off!!!! Dam I hated wearing that retarded head gear all day...
LOL. My sister wore that stuff too, in like 7th or 8th grade. Luckily, I didn't have to. :)

·
Fire-Breathing Femme
6,081 Posts
Congrats, Wyle!!! Give us a pic of that beautiful new smile! :D

I only had braces for 6 months, but had retainers of some sort for at least 10 years. :mad: Hated them - particulary the Darth Vader-tire-rubber one I had to wear at night after I'd had the braces off for a while...

And I wonder why my bottom teeth became crooked again... :confused:

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,527 Posts
:eek:

Congrats ya lucky bastard!!! I hope I can get my braces off this Thursday...probably not though :rolleyes:

Damn orthodontists keep lying to me.

I am extremely jealous of you :bow:

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
My dad is a dentist... when I was high school I thought braces on a girl were sexy... until I kissed a girl with them. One of my GFs sisters have them... I get my stitches out Thursday. :boink:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Damn Wyle, I thought you were part of the old white man club :D

I'm almost 17 and I've already had my braces off for two years now. Almost all my friends have them off too...

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,527 Posts
bioyuki said:

I'm almost 17 and I've already had my braces off for two years now. Almost all my friends have them off too...
stop rubbing it in :mad:

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
vince said:

I didn't even have braces. According to my dentist, I will never need them, and since I now have my wisdom teeth out, I'm am perfect, orally speaking. :D
VINCE:

·
Acuraworld Member
3,522 Posts
Man, I went through that hell of having braces as well. When I finally got them off, I never put a retainer or anything else in my mouth!! Here's something funny though...my grandma just got her's off!! She got them about a year and a half ago and got them off a couple of months back...she's not that old though, she's about 58 or 59 I think.

·
I WANT YOU!
5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bioyuki said:

LOL. Yeh, having braces on my teeth at age 34 was no thrill. In fact, it required an almost total change in my lifestyle. I didn't need them as a kid, but after a couple of "adult" incidents, the smile needed a fix.

Wearing a retainer sux almost as bad as having braces, but at least it's removable and I can now enjoy food again!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts