Acura World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
haha...many many threads have been made about this...but its all so lackadazical to read I have mixed feeling about info...lol....

nutshell...:wtf:.

my issue...since about January my ride (b18a) stock intake mani has been surging ..sometimes...1000rpms to 1500rpms....some times 1000-1750 rpms....constantly accept the first @ mins in the morning on cold start....
then continues to surge....so I know only at opp temp does it do this...

1. ive cleaned iac valve...old one...no go...bought a another reman one..installed new o rings.....still same problem....

2. old fast idle vavle....opened ...screwed in white cap all the way back...changed idle for 2 days down to constant 1000-1100 rpms...

must not have gotten it tight....
idle went back to wacko then I checked the fast idle valve and the whole iner spring and white valve was gone...I herd it fall out of engine one day....driving...

bough a used fast idle...never changed idle still surging 1000-1500rpms...

3. sprayed four cans of cleaner one and around all lines intake creses and t/b hose all vacuum areas ...found nothing....still the same surge...

4. went to a buddy and borrowed his new edlebrock iac valve for his civic build installed and still surging idle...a brand new iac did not fix the problem..
yes it was for that engine...he has an all motor 89 civic b18a

5. finally got my jdm b18b engine swap in the car....my after market intake was for vtec had to use original b18a intake stock mani and problem has carried over to the second engine ....

still 1000-1500 rpms to this day....

this explained process has been going on since January.....

I know 2 weeks before my swap was done...the car stoped surging and idled at almost a 1100 constant....no surge.for about 2 straight weeks.....swap in new longblock....... surging again....:bigcry:

rechecked everything....rechecked for new vacuum leaks since new engine....its got to be something.....:wtf:

reset ecu by leaving battery off over night......:beerchug:

I don't have any check engine lights on....

whats could this be......

intake seems to be not leaking air anywhere....

car runs awesome with power,,,no surge in gear,,,,neutral yes,,,surge:bash:

brand new radiator and coolant swap with engine....bleed .....

·
AW Detailing Wanker
16,287 Posts
Sounds like you still have a vaccum leak somewhere. Could be a cracked hose that you can't tell is cracked. Could be that you have low coolant, are you sure its filled all the way up and bled properly? Sometimes they can retain hidden hair pockets but appear full.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dude ive been over this car umpteen times looking for vacuum leaks...please due tell any info you may have.....ive let the car run for and hour with rad cap off, fans come on and off....still the same level of coolant

·
AW Detailing Wanker
16,287 Posts
Any DTCs?

·
AW Detailing Wanker
16,287 Posts
Hmm, well the only things that I know of that can cause that are vacuum leaks (the fitv being a very common culprit, did you tighten the wax plug inside it?), low coolant, and rarely a bad/dirty IACV.

·
Registered
2 Posts
just throwing this out there. have you checked the evap system? certainly there is vacuum running to the tank possible and evaporator. possibly a bad hose or connection there? I had never been past that problem. usually an iac cleaning due to low coolant will fix that. other than that I wouldn't have any other idea than to recheck what you already have. Try an air lift to refill coolant, some air pockets can be tricky.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts