Discussion Starter #1
Before:

After:

Other shots of the same area:

Next to be done: more plants, mulch, raise the topsoil level. :-/

·
I WANT YOU!
5,777 Posts
It's about time you did something productive. ;)

Now you just need to get those plants "into" the ground. :D

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Wow, very cool! I'm wanting to do something like that this summer for my parents' house. How long did that take you? I love the stone-brick look.:beerchug:

·
baby polar bear
1,755 Posts
That reminds me that I have like 4 rolls of film that I need to get developed :eek:

Damnit I am so far behind because of all that fiasco the first month in my house.

Guess that will be next weekends project, get the film and put the pictures up. :)

·
Registered
463 Posts
we need a clapping smiley...something like :applause: or something.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Uh oh, we got Phin here again.

Phin and Scorpius can really tear this place up! hahaha. I'm afraid that I'll get all my laughs at this place from now on.

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Driven:

Took about 8 hours including procurement and transportation of the edging. Gotta have the right tools, tho. A good pair of work gloves is a must (for the digging and moving concrete edging - that concrete will tear your hands up), a good pair of waterproof gardening gloves for moving sod, dirt, etc, a 4" trench shovel and a 7" edging shovel are also a must. Then don't forget the level - gotta have the tops of the edge level with the ground.

Our neighbor has this little "wagon" with nobby tires and can carry like 1200 lbs - it's perfect for moving the edging to the area where you're working. Oh, and we borrowed a landscaping trailer to move the edging from where we bought them to our house.

Total cost: $350-400

I used Saturday to clean my gutters out (again) and do the lawn, so all the time we spent was on Sunday.

Phin,

Welcome back bud. :bigok:

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
I want to grow a herb garden. :beerchug:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.