Acura World banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was very disappointed with the "thin" manuals that came with my '16 RDX Advanced. Someone told me to call Acura customer service and request a more detailed manual. I did and without giving me any lip, the representative ordered me a set which arrived today, about a month after the request.

The stack is 2" high and includes a 362 page RDX Navigation manual, a 444 page Owner's manual and a small Warranty booklet.

These are the kind of manuals I usually receive instead of the "quick start" booklets that came with the car.

I assume some Acura bean counter came up with the idea of dinky manuals I received when I drove the RDX off the lot. Don't know if Acura plays this game with other vehicles, but if they do and you have one, you should request the full set. I still find it hard to believe that a luxury auto line would try to save a few nickels in this manner.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was very disappointed with the "thin" manuals that came with my '16 RDX Advanced. Someone told me to call Acura customer service and request a more detailed manual. I did and without giving me any lip, the representative ordered me a set which arrived today, about a month after the request.

The stack is 2" high and includes a 362 page RDX Navigation manual, a 444 page Owner's manual and a small Warranty booklet.

These are the kind of manuals I usually receive instead of the "quick start" booklets that came with the car.

I assume some Acura bean counter came up with the idea of dinky manuals I received when I drove the RDX off the lot. Don't know if Acura plays this game with other vehicles, but if they do and you have one, you should request the full set. I still find it hard to believe that a luxury auto line would try to save a few nickels in this manner.
There is DVD included with the "thin package".

You can also download the manuals from Acura.com web site.

It is better, in my opinion, to view the information online than to have a pound of manuals sitting in the glove compartment or the night table.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is DVD included with the "thin package".

You can also download the manuals from Acura.com web site.

It is better, in my opinion, to view the information online than to have a pound of manuals sitting in the glove compartment or the night table.
When I'm out on the road or even sitting in my driveway, I DON'T have access to info online or the DVD. I DON'T keep the "pound" of manuals (actually 2.164#) in my vehicle, but it's nice to have access to more detailed information about the electronics in my new '16 Advanced RDX rather than the feather weight manual that came with the vehicle. And I actually have a book case in this modern age where Face Book, etc calls the shots.

Setting the radio, setting the GPS, understanding how the "lane keeper" works and how the adaptive cruise control works among other things might be a piece of cake for you, but IMHO the "fluff" manual just didn't cut the mustard.

I suggest everyone request their FULL manuals before they drive out of their deanships with a 45K+ vehicle, but I guess bean counters rule.

I should add that next month, I'm driving a 1,500 mile route to Scottsdale AZ and I will have the 2.164 pound manual IN the vehicle just in case I need it because the "fluffed" doesn't cut the mustard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.