Acura World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.... a 1992 Acura Integra GS 5spd
- very low 75k miles and is absolutely flawless in every conceivable way. It's red, has ABS, spoiler and alloys. A lady I work with is selling hers.

Edmunds private party value = $5675
KellyBlueBook = $6505.

How much were these things new? Mdaniel... you had one, right? Do you remember?
I'm thinking $6000 is a fair price considering the low miles and excellent condition. Seller is asking $7500 obo which is too high, IMHO. All the ones on autotrader.com around here have asking prices of around $5k, but they all have over 100k. I can't decide what's fair.....

·
Fire-Breathing Femme
6,064 Posts
It sounds to me like you're about right, although I might do $6500 instead, considering the blue book price (which is probably the one she's going to be familiar with)...

Always a hard decision when you're buying from someone you know.

·
Moderator?
9,790 Posts
Mine was a white GS 5 speed hatchback. I bought it new in 1992 for around $14-15 if I recall. I sold it two years ago for around $6500 with 65,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Mdaniel, you've had an acura before, right? So i was wondering, do you think there a difference between the new generation of acuras and the previous ones, like when the intergra first came out and the Legend and stuff.....

weren't they making "better" cars then? Just wondering....i was always a "buy American " boy before the CLS.
:dunno:

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
GoldTypeS said:
.... a 1992 Acura Integra GS 5spd
- very low 75k miles and is absolutely flawless in every conceivable way. It's red, has ABS, spoiler and alloys. A lady I work with is selling hers.

Edmunds private party value = $5675
KellyBlueBook = $6505.

How much were these things new? Mdaniel... you had one, right? Do you remember?
I'm thinking $6000 is a fair price considering the low miles and excellent condition. Seller is asking $7500 obo which is too high, IMHO. All the ones on autotrader.com around here have asking prices of around $5k, but they all have over 100k. I can't decide what's fair.....

Lift with your legs.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: Thinking of picking up another vehicle....

Scorpius said:

Lift with your legs.
:sqnteek:
:poke:
:thefinger

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mdaniel said:
Mine was a white GS 5 speed hatchback. I bought it new in 1992 for around $14-15 if I recall. I sold it two years ago for around $6500 with 65,000 miles.
Thanks!

$6000 sounds like more than enough. I'm definitely not going above that. Hopefully she'll come around... we'll see.

·
Moderator?
9,790 Posts
Loseit said:
Mdaniel, you've had an acura before, right? So i was wondering, do you think there a difference between the new generation of acuras and the previous ones, like when the intergra first came out and the Legend and stuff.....

weren't they making "better" cars then? Just wondering....i was always a "buy American " boy before the CLS.
My family's first Honda was an 82 Accord bought in around 85. I drove it for the 1st two years I had a license. Then I bought my Integra in 92. Since that first Accord, I don't think any of us have had anything but a Honda or Acura. My dad currently drives a 94 Legend sedan and my mom has a 92 Accord coupe. Both auto. :( None of us have ever had any major mechanical problem. The 92 Accord and 92 Integra had some fit and finish issues with the driver's side door. I know my dad had some stuff fixed on the Legend but it wasn't major. I haven't had any problems except for a few rattles on my CL. My Integra certainly had its share of unfixable rattles but then again it was a much cheaper car with a much stiffer suspension.

·
I WANT YOU!
5,777 Posts
Like I've said many times before, ignore the KBV! Go by NADA. Also, check around the Web and see what others are asking for similar cars.

·
I WANT YOU!
5,777 Posts
Loseit said:

The older Acuras were made in Japan, and they cost quite a bit more too. My dad paid like $43k for his 1995 Legend Coupe.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wyle E. Coyote said:
Like I've said many times before, ignore the KBV! Go by NADA. Also, check around the Web and see what others are asking for similar cars.
But how do you get NADA value? Last time I tried to look up anything on their website you had to pay for a membership or something. Ummm... DON'T THINK SO!!!

I know that's what dealers use, but I'm not a dealer so I don't really care what the dealers use! It's time the CONSUMERS start setting the prices. We're the ones that are buying and selling the cars!

I know "the market" is what really sets prices but you have the dealers screwing with it. If you're trading in a car, 12,000miles/year is average, but if they're selling a used car it's more like 15,000 miles/year :rolleyes:
FUCKERS!

·
I WANT YOU!
5,777 Posts
GoldTypeS said:

But how do you get NADA value? Last time I tried to look up anything on their website you had to pay for a membership or something. Ummm... DON'T THINK SO!!!

I know that's what dealers use, but I'm not a dealer so I don't really care what the dealers use! It's time the CONSUMERS start setting the prices. We're the ones that are buying and selling the cars!

I know "the market" is what really sets prices but you have the dealers screwing with it. If you're trading in a car, 12,000miles/year is average, but if they're selling a used car it's more like 15,000 miles/year :rolleyes:
FUCKERS!
Well, if you want to pay more for the car than it's actually worth, go right ahead and use the KBV. You know, you can always go to the bank and ask them what the NADA value is and what the loan value is. They should give those to you with no questions asked....as long as you have an account with them.

BTW, I looked on the NADA site and it says this:

Average Retail: $5,675 (assuming it's a 3-door, not a 4-door)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts