Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Yuck Foo
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...postwhores.com

That is all that happens here lately and it is getting old. Even the mods (I don't want to call anyone out in particular because it is almost all of them) are whoring uncontrollably.

I think there is a fine line between being a PW and still maintaining a decent level of quality to the boards posts, and all out whoring to the point where no one else will want to stay here when they come. Eventually this board will be made up of the mods who whore and no one else. Just my $0.02.

Bring on the flames...

·
Moderator?
9,790 Posts
It seems like no on can chat for long without it turning into a PW fest.

Chat = good
whore = bad

Learn the difference people.

·
Acuraworld Veteran
1,108 Posts
SidVicious said:
...postwhores.com

That is all that happens here lately and it is getting old. Even the mods (I don't want to call anyone out in particular because it is almost all of them) are whoring uncontrollably.

I think there is a fine line between being a PW and still maintaining a decent level of quality to the boards posts, and all out whoring to the point where no one else will want to stay here when they come. Eventually this board will be made up of the mods who whore and no one else. Just my $0.02.

Bring on the flames...
You ok man, Didn't you avg. 88 post for your first two days.
:rolleyes:
I think that's an insult to what Sky and Mandi did here, they really did their work along with others to make this forum, it iwll pick up but right now it is all people who have post counts in the thousands on other sites and are acustom to posting a lot a lot of crap too. But if you look at Car talk on say a-cl it's not a lot of the people in ramblings, give it time. If someone does not want ramblings they can just stay in Acura CL/TL or whatever car intrest but right now the majority of our post are coming from people who post a lot not realted to cars. But it gets the board moving. IMO

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
you had to bring postshores.com into this didn't you? ;) :sqnteek:

fine un-mod me :rolleyes: I postwhore no matter what.

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
Iridium130 said:
you had to bring postshores.com into this didn't you? ;) :sqnteek:

fine un-mod me :rolleyes: I postwhore no matter what.
What ever happened to that site?

·
Moderator?
9,790 Posts
Its kind of like New Jersey. Everyone knows its there, but no one bothers to go there. :D

·
Yuck Foo
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: This place is like...

pgatour1 said:

You ok man, Didn't you avg. 88 post for your first two days.
:rolleyes:
I think that's an insult to what Sky and Mandi did here, they really did their work along with others to make this forum, it iwll pick up but right now it is all people who have post counts in the thousands on other sites and are acustom to posting a lot a lot of crap too. But if you look at Car talk on say a-cl it's not a lot of the people in ramblings, give it time. If someone does not want ramblings they can just stay in Acura CL/TL or whatever car intrest but right now the majority of our post are coming from people who post a lot not realted to cars. But it gets the board moving. IMO
What Sky and Mandi created here is a place to come and post cool stuff and feel free to do so. BUT... there are those who feel that they have the right to take advantage of that freedom to the point where it becomes uninteresting to browse the "Lounge".

I meant this in no way as a slight to them.

As far as my post count, when I post something, 90% of the time it is something worth reading and not just some pathetic attempt at boosting my post count. Granted that was the ultimate goal, I used tact (most of the time) rather than just plain ol' unclassy whoring.

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
mdaniel said:
Its kind of like New Jersey. Everyone knows its there, but no one bothers to go there. :D
Hey you better watch it buddy.

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
Re: Re: Re: This place is like...

SidVicious said:

What Sky and Mandi created here is a place to come and post cool stuff and feel free to do so. BUT... there are those who feel that they have the right to take advantage of that freedom to the point where it becomes uninteresting to browse the "Lounge".

I meant this in no way as a slight to them.

As far as my post count, when I post something, 90% of the time it is something worth reading and not just some pathetic attempt at boosting my post count. Granted that was the ultimate goal, I used tact (most of the time) rather than just plain ol' unclassy whoring.
That is true, I agree with you 100% We want this site to grow and to let people have fun upto certain levels. Sid, you are right on how people go nuts with posting also this is Lounge where people talk about stuff.

·
Super Moderator
1,564 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: This place is like...

Infamuz said:

That is true, I agree with you 100% We want this site to grow and to let people have fun upto certain levels. Sid, you are right on how people go nuts with posting also this is Lounge where people talk about stuff.
Right, but I think that we mods have a responsibility to behave ourselves as well. It's called "setting an example". :) How can we expect others to follow the rules when we ourselves do not? :confused:

-Maria

·
Yuck Foo
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Re: Re: Re: This place is like...

Infamuz said:

Nice to see a post by you that is more than one line! :p

If you want this site to grow, then excercise your power and delete posts that are blatant PW posts that have no value and dock those users posts. Maybe even give a warning. Hmmm... a warning from one mod to the other. Wonder how that will play out.

:flame:

·
Moderator?
9,790 Posts
So how do we grow the site beyond the lounge? The action is still on a-cl and a-tl. No one will post here unless there's someone to read it and no one will read the site unless there's something to read. The old timers will remember that a-cl didn't get traction until honda-acura.net had some serious uptime problems and people got tired of it. As long as honda-acura.net was stable, a-cl.com was just a backup site.

·
Acuraworld Veteran
1,108 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: This place is like...

SidVicious said:

If you want this site to grow, then excercise your power and delete posts that are blatant PW posts that have no value and dock those users posts. Maybe even give a warning. Hmmm... a wanring from one mod to the other. Wonder how that will play out.

yeah but this isn't a-cl we aren't just gonna delete or move crap that is postwhoring, we don't want to be nazis and I think all the mods have gone over that, only if things get out of hand or are disturbing to close or delete them.

·
Super Moderator
1,564 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: This place is like...

SidVicious said:

If you want this site to grow, then excercise your power and delete posts that are blatant PW posts that have no value and dock those users posts. Maybe even give a warning. Hmmm... a warning from one mod to the other. Wonder how that will play out.

Sid, that's a legitimate point, and one I have brought up before. Perhaps it's time we used some discretion--if you're not sure it will add to the conversation, then exercise some self control and don't post. I promise no one will think less of you...

-M

·
Acuraworld Veteran
1,108 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: This place is like...

mfnlaw said:

Sid, that's a legitimate point, and one I have brought up before. Perhaps it's time we used some discretion--if you're not sure it will add to the conversation, then exercise some self control and don't post. I promise no one will think less of you...

-M
Yeah but we don't want to do this fully, sometimes it is funny just to post a side joke, or a side comment, I mean if it just gonna be stick to original topic be serious all the time it won't do as well.

·
Super Moderator
1,564 Posts
mdaniel said:
So how do we grow the site beyond the lounge? The action is still on a-cl and a-tl. No one will post here unless there's someone to read it and no one will read the site unless there's something to read. The old timers will remember that a-cl didn't get traction until honda-acura.net had some serious uptime problems and people got tired of it. As long as honda-acura.net was stable, a-cl.com was just a backup site.
There are things that are in the works that will hopefully add some value to membership at this site. If you have ideas on how to increase traffic/members, please feel free to tell us. :)

-M

·
Yuck Foo
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: This place is like...

pgatour1 said:

yeah but this isn't a-cl we aren't just gonna delete or move crap that is postwhoring, we don't want to be nazis and I think all the mods have gone over that, only if things get out of hand or are disturbing to close or delete them.
What IS disturbing is that every post in the lounge turns into a PW frenzy. To have a successful board, that can't happen. When I go through the list of threads, when I find one that seems interesting, I'll open it and read it. If it has become a PW thread before the end of the first page (by the mods mind you) then it is a worthless thread and the conversation has degraded to nothing and I have no urge to add anything to that thread. That is where the problem lies. For this board to be successful, I have to want to contribute something to every thread I read so that we can engage in "meaningful" conversation (and I use the term meaningful lightly, very lightly.)

·
Acuraworld Veteran
1,108 Posts
mfnlaw said:

There are things that are in the works that will hopefully add some value to membership at this site. If you have ideas on how to increase traffic/members, please feel free to tell us. :)

-M
You have to also realize that there really isn't gonna be much car talk, people already know all they ened to know about their car, or almost everything. I mean I stopped going to Car Talk everyday a while ago on A-cl ,maybe once a day, but it just kept being the same thing over and over, how much can you possibly ask about the car.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.