Acura World banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I have a Comptech hi-flo filter and recently have removed my resonator. This afternoon, I found a rather large spot of oil on my driveway (6"x6"). I'm thinking it's the oil from the filter because the resonator had lots of oil stuck on it. Anybody else have this?
Peter.

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
it could be. my k&n filter for the aem cai also drops quite a bit of oil when first installed. as long as you don't see oil some time later i think it's ok

·
Registered
172 Posts
I had some oil on the plastic undder the cai when i installed it, could be your filter is just dripping a little excess oil that's all. Don' worry about it, but kedep your eye on it. Also, is it coming from the filter area. Park you car in a spot, leave it there for a little while, then look underneath without moving it and feel the plastic to see if that is where the oil is coming from.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys!
Thanks for all your help. We finally figured out that it was my friend's WRX that was leaking the oil. He took it to the dealership last week for an oil change. Careless mechanics didn't tighten the plug!!! He took it back today and they tightened the plug, topped off the oil and apologized. I told him that you always have to double check to make sure people do their jobs correctly.
Thanks again for all your replies!
Peter.

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Petrie2001 said:
Hey guys!
Thanks for all your help. We finally figured out that it was my friend's WRX that was leaking the oil. He took it to the dealership last week for an oil change. Careless mechanics didn't tighten the plug!!! He took it back today and they tightened the plug, topped off the oil and apologized. I told him that you always have to double check to make sure people do their jobs correctly.
Thanks again for all your replies!
Peter.
HAHAHHAA, man talk about luck ;)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Woopty do for his Subaru. I was just about to post that if your filter is leaking that much oil you need to send it back. BTW the K & N oil is red and is easily distinguishable but I don't know about the Comptech filter oil.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.