Acura World banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have had my JDM type 2 TB and my old Type 1 TB side by side and I could see no visual difference in TB diameter, in fact I used the Type 1 TB when I did my JDM Type 2 swap, you almost have too cuz the throttle reel is larger on the Type 2 then it is the Type 1, causes idle issues as me and Type 2-L have found out

·
Registered
147 Posts
khoerling said:
A bigger throttle body typically gains horsepower and loses torque.

The KMS is out of production--yes?
Its pricetag was steep.

'sup Tom.

k.h.
Exactly

The TYPE 2 is bigger by 2mm or so, the KMS is 3-5mm bigger with a bigger butterfly. I am very glad i got it a while back. its the perfect complement for my additional displacment. Call KMS im sure they can make one up from your core.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Dv8 said:
Exactly

The TYPE 2 is bigger by 2mm or so, the KMS is 3-5mm bigger with a bigger butterfly. I am very glad i got it a while back. its the perfect complement for my additional displacment. Call KMS im sure they can make one up from your core.
no wonder I didn't notice a visual difference, doubt anyone could tell 2mm difference with the naked eye. Are the throttle plates the same size on the type 1 and type 2 TB? also, this might be a shot in the dark, but if the KMS cant be made anymore, wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to overbore the stock TB and have a larger throttle plate made? or are there also other differences in the KMS TB?

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
LS92Sedan said:
I have had my JDM type 2 TB and my old Type 1 TB side by side and I could see no visual difference in TB diameter, in fact I used the Type 1 TB when I did my JDM Type 2 swap, you almost have too cuz the throttle reel is larger on the Type 2 then it is the Type 1, causes idle issues as me and Type 2-L have found out
I kept the Type 2 tb, I just swapped out the reels. :beerchug:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Type2-L said:
I kept the Type 2 tb, I just swapped out the reels. :beerchug:
yeah I remember that whole discussion we had a few months ago, good pointer by the way, the idle issue would have really threw me off, that was an awesome heads up btw. I dunno if the 2mm difference in TB size would even be drastic enough for me to swap the Type 2 TB back on, besides the spare parts from both motors are slowly finding their way into my new project. Right now my $ is tied up in getting all my body work done and getting my suspension and braking system to a point where I can be happy with it. after that I'll worry about making more power and doing a build up with my spare block. and with gas prices where they are now my bike has been getting alot more use than my Legend.

·
Registered
147 Posts
follow up, i found an old TB i think its from my type two and its 59.7mm. so a little over 4mm difference in size straight through with the KMS.

~TRu Hybrid

·
Registered
17 Posts
We stripped out a Type 2 today the throttle plate bore is the same diameter as a Type 1 62mm. Has same code number stamped on throttle plate, 1CJ. Will measure the cams and compare to Type 1.

Chris

·
Registered
147 Posts
buzzard said:
We stripped out a Type 2 today the throttle plate bore is the same diameter as a Type 1 62mm. Has same code number stamped on throttle plate, 1CJ. Will measure the cams and compare to Type 1.

Chris

So maybe the CA Legends have a smaller TB? The Legend TB i mesured didnt even click 60mm, i mesured the I.D. opening.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.