Acura World banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'98 RL. I recently traded for this car so don't know much about it. I've seen several threads where tilt steering is stuck but mine is completely dead. I took the motors off and used a screwdriver to get the wheel where I want it but would be nice to actually use it. I checked and replaced the fuse in the engine bay - it was good but replaced it anyway. No change. I have no power to either motor. I even tried getting 2 motors and a switch from pick n pull just to see but no change. It's just dead. Anybody know what else to look for besides the fuse? and besides manually chasing down wires. Is there another fuse or relay I'm not aware of? Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2003 RL has the same issue. I noticed that by opening the steering wheel and disconnecting the electrical connectors sometimes it works for a while (a few times, sometimes even for a few days), then stops. It's almost as if there is some sort of current overload logic in the controller which once it triggers stops all motion and somehow removing the connectors resets the over-current logic. I'm purely speculating on the cause, but that is how it behaves.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.