Registered
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks

Austin519

·
Registered
113 Posts
I agree. If you are going to do different shades, the darkest should be in the back and keep the tint% the same for all the side windows. I have 20% on the back and 35% on the sides, you can check out my homepage for pictures.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AcuraTL:
I will do that. Don't think I ever noticed...it's nice to have an H-A'er over here. Welcome :D. Do your guys know about the aluminum door sills for TL's and CL's?

rominl:
Eh...I'm worried about seeing out of the back :dunno: and I want people to be able to look through the glass down through the plexi rear deck into the subs in the trunk...

Austin519

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Austin519 said:
AcuraTL:
I will do that. Don't think I ever noticed...it's nice to have an H-A'er over here. Welcome :D. Do your guys know about the aluminum door sills for TL's and CL's?

rominl:
Eh...I'm worried about seeing out of the back :dunno: and I want people to be able to look through the glass down through the plexi rear deck into the subs in the trunk...

Austin519
then how about 35% sides too?

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rominl:
Worried it's too light...is all. This car is going to be for show. What percetage tint would allow people to see my outline clearly in the car...but say...not make out my features...that's about the shade I want...so people can get an impression of the interior...but I'm not craving like extreme privacy or anything.

Austin519

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Austin519 said:
rominl:
Worried it's too light...is all. This car is going to be for show. What percetage tint would allow people to see my outline clearly in the car...but say...not make out my features...that's about the shade I want...so people can get an impression of the interior...but I'm not craving like extreme privacy or anything.

Austin519
i would probably get 35%. my friend has 20% on the rear and no matter what itme of the day i just couldn't see through the car at all. from inside it's pretty cool but from outside it's like total privacy. his front is 35%, it's noticeable, but if you just stand by it and look inside, you will see whats inside without too much trouble

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
but since your interior is ebony, that might change things a bit too. you can't get to someone where you can check it out? go to chicago and look at jesal's car ;)

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
rominl:
Heh lemme walk on up there :). I'm thinking I need like 25% or something.

Austin519

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
I need tint now!!! :( But I am broke!!

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Escamar said:

:eek:
after all those mods and you still got no tint....
so thas 2 things CLEARED CORNERS THEN TINT!!!!!

A MUST!!!!
argh.... guys, i hate Escamar so much ;) he always points out mods that i have been hesitated on ;) well to be frank the only reason i don't put on tint is, if i do it, i want to do 35 all around, but that's illegal here in cali and cops are sometimes anal about it, specially my car is sooo "equipped" already.... :( otherwise, i would have done it for sure

·
Registered
737 Posts
i had 25% on my other vehicle's f/r windows...it was tits, you could alomst see right through it and it provided optimum shade...on the rear of my SUV i had 35% tints and the two rear windows, not the passenger windows, was @ 35% too...you would have to use your hands to actually see through it sometimes and that was good because I was hiding 3 Alpine ZR 12's (made in Japan, the white ones), and a couple Alpine amps...damn those subs beat hard as hell, no comparison to the typeR series:cool:...Shyne:king:

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Shyne said:
i had 25% on my other vehicle's f/r windows...it was tits, you could alomst see right through it and it provided optimum shade...on the rear of my SUV i had 35% tints and the two rear windows, not the passenger windows, was @ 35% too...you would have to use your hands to actually see through it sometimes and that was good because I was hiding 3 Alpine ZR 12's (made in Japan, the white ones), and a couple Alpine amps...damn those subs beat hard as hell, no comparison to the typeR series:cool:...Shyne:king:
eerrr..... something is wrong here, shyne. 25% is DARKER than 35%. the percentage is amount of light allowed to pass through. if you can hardly see through the 35%, there is no way you can easily see right through with 25% :)

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
my99tl and Escamar:
Both of you, thanks. I think I'm going to get 22.5 Llumar. It's not quite as clear as 30, not as dark as 15...just right in the middle. I didn't know they had 22.5, but oh well. Yeah that 15 you have on your site is a little too dark for me...but close. I bet with the 22.5 you'll be able to see my silhouette but not everything...just right...or so I'm hoping...and I'm going to do it all the way around with 50% or if they have a little higher, then that, on the front. I'll let you guys know :D

my99tl:
You have navi by chance? If so, wanna do me a favor?

Austin519

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.