Acura World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
magic number ==> 69
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wondering how you guy got ur rear window tint, do i have to take off the factory rear window 3rd brake light cover off so the tint guy can tint. IF so doyou have a instruction of how to take it off, any input would be preciated.

thanx in advance
tai

·
Registered
12 Posts
You can only tint over the 3rd brake light if you have a spoiler with a built in brake light (like OEM). Otherwise, you are breaking the law and risk getting hit from behind. If you get hit, most likely you will have to pay, even if it wasn't your fault, because your light was covered and the other party could claim "I didn't know he was stopping". :mad:

Enough of that. You need to remove the entire subwoofer cover. First open the trunk and make sure that the 3rd brake light is completely unhooked. I had the spoiler installed, but they only had to unplug half of the light behind the window to plug into the spoiler, so the other half was still plugged in.

The subwoofer cover is not screwed on or anything. Just get a flat screwdriver and carefully (so you don't ruin the plastic) pry it up and it should pop out. You should have access to the entire window now.

·
magic number ==> 69
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Squidboy said:

The subwoofer cover is not screwed on or anything. Just get a flat screwdriver and carefully (so you don't ruin the plastic) pry it up and it should pop out. You should have access to the entire window now.
( subwoofer cover ) are you talking about the whole thing or just the net above the subwoofer??

·
Registered
12 Posts
The whole thing... It goes from the 3rd brake light, includes the child's car seat tether cover (don't pull up on this part, I did and ended up breaking mine) and kind of tucks under the back seat a little.

Basically just take off everything that is not carpet on your rear deck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.