Acura World banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
3,076 Posts
Your gonna want to keep the windows you have.

·
3,076 Posts
yes

·
Registered
385 Posts
Aftermarket window tinting is almost always done by applying a colored film to the inside of the window. This film may either be dyed or deposited with a fine coat of metal. I would highly recommend getting the metallic tint since it would not fade over time like the dyed tint.

If you have navi, make sure that your navi will still work after tinting the rear windshield. Certain brands and concentrations of metallic tint will definitey attenuate the GPS signal to almost unreadable levels.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Generally the dealers do not do window tinting at the dealership. They usually will just bring it to a local window tinting business and have them do it. So to save yourself some money i would just bring it to a local tint shop and skip the middle man(dealer).

·
3,076 Posts
Yeah...take it to a tint shop. I got mine done for like $140. One piece in the back. 35% all the way around.

·
Registered
385 Posts
soul_fire99 said:
what about stock tinting ...what are the benefits of tinting the windows at the dealer.cause i have intentions to bring it to the dealer
Yup, some cars come with windows smoked/tinted at the glass factory. You can't get this done after the glass has been assembled onto the car. Note that the TL has a little bit of greenish tint to the glass already from the factory and a bit of UV blocking protection built-in too.

So your only option would be to get aftermarket film tint. You can either go to a tint shop and pay less, or go to the dealer and have them take your car to a tint shop and pay more. :)

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
Dang~~ You were thinking about replacing the window to tint?? :eek:

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
nah, i think he's talking about bringing the car back to dealer to have them tinted them

but yeah, even if you bring it to the dealer, they will only drive the car off the lot quietly, bring it to a shop, do it, come back, and charge you more. if you can find a good shop then definitely go there by yourself.

and usually people do film tinting, though if you talk about the best tint, it would be the baking one which would take the whole day. the shop will take your windows off your car and bake the tint into them

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.