Acura World banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The light for the Tire Pressure Montitoring system is on in my car. The tire pressure is fine. The light came on after my car was sitting for a few weeks. Any ideas of what to look for or reset it?

Thanks

· Registered
4,830 Posts
First off, check your tire pressures. It's common that tires lose air pressure with fluctuations in temperature over time.

Next, drive the car. If one of the TPMS is somehow stuck, driving it may free it up.

If there is a difference of more than a few pounds between your gauge reading and what the car is telling you, and only on one or two wheels, you may need to replace the TPMS.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All of the tires are at 35lbs. They were never low. The Tire Pressure system shows Blanks in all 4 corners. For a test I even put a little bit of air in each tire to see of it would wake up the system. But it didnt. Let me know if there are any other easy checks.

Thanks

· Registered
4,830 Posts
Weak batteries can cause all kinds of strange errors, but if there's a new one in there now, it should be fixed.

If it's still off, refer to my post #2 above......

· Registered
18 Posts
I've had a somewhat similar issue where the sensor on one of my tires was malfunctioning after a tire change. All tires would show readings for a period of time after starting the car and then the tire would trigger the error because it's reading stayed at 58 psi, which wasn't true. I tried changing pressure multiple times then driving to recalibrate and nothing helped. Finally the shop that changed the tire suggested we flip the tire and rim to the other side of the car. We did and when if was driven just one mile the problem stopped but only temporarily. Now it shows in the new position on the car. Good way to prove that the sensor was defective, but I still think changing a tire should not have messed up the sensor to start with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.