Acura World banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wassup everybody quick question. I have the GS-R blades mounted with Nitto 205/55/15s and i was just wondering what PSI should the tires be at? The weathers been crazy here in MD, Warm then cold as balls then warm again so i just wanted to make sure the Tire pressure was aright. Should i just look at the side wall and go by that or have you guys seen better results for everyday driving with another PSI? thanks peace

·
"We got this... go home."
25,012 Posts
i think there is a sticker on the inside of your door sill that has recommended pressues on it... or just go by the sidewall tire manufactures recommendations... i think 35psi is plenty, however it is winter and dispite the flux in temp, i'd go with the recommended psi for cold climates...

btw, this weatrher does suck.. im in PA and i hate how the damn weather cant make up its mind, one day you wanna wear shorts, the next you are laying your clothing cuz its friggin freezing out...

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
i would drop the pressure a bit in the front maybe like 32-30 psi and keep the back at 35

·
1,265 Posts
According to Acura, the recommended tires pressures for the stock tire size is 35 psi front and 33 psi rear. With your tire size, you could run these same pressures without any issues.

You could increase the pressure a little (2-4 psi). It will help with gas mileage a little bit, but will stiffen the ride a little.

You could go with the max listed on the sidewall, but personally, I think that's too much. It'll be a really stiff ride, plus you'll probably wear out the center portion of the tread faster the the outer portion.

I'm running 205/50/15s on my GS-R and just put in 38 psi front and 36 psi rear.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah sjlee, ill def try that out. I mistyped the tire size im runnin 20 50 15s aswell thanks for the info. Tegger DEF hear you on the retarded weather, but sadly atleast over in PA you guys have some snow, here in MD we haven't had enough to call it snow! It's sad, i mean come on snow is fun cause its WINTER! without snow, cold weather is NO FUN! hahaha
aright everybody thanks for the suggestions peace.

·
Like a Boss
21,877 Posts
I usually run mine at 32 all around, but I'm also still on those retarded 14" hubcap rims...figures the one option my LS came without was decent wheels...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.