Acura World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I drive sanely, what kind of wear will I get from EOM mxm4 Michelin Tires. On my old Legend Coupe , I got about 50K on Michelin that were on car before. 205/60 /15 touring types, forgot model?

·
baby polar bear
1,755 Posts
probably only around 30k :(

i have 25k+ right now, and I have needed new tires for over a month now...but that is b/c my alignment when i got my springs put on wasn't done correctly :mad:

·
Premium Member
13,838 Posts
I only got 18k out of mine.

HOWEVER - that was with almost 10 autocrosses. :D

·
Acuraworld Veteran
1,113 Posts
Out here in the desert if you drive sanely you can prob get 40K out of these tires, The way I drive prob gone in about 10K, But being up in Ct (I used to live on the border of Greenwich & Rye Brook) I would change them when they are 70% worn maybe, becuase of the slippery roads during summer rains and same with all the shit that falls in winter. Just nice to know you have a little more traction on the road.

·
Acuraworld Veteran
1,113 Posts
Also I woudl look into maybe Getting Dunlop Sport 5000s, because they will be great for that winter weather, Had them on my cars, and they arew awesome Dry and Wet traction, You could possibly sell the Stock tires really quickly and at least get something out of them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got 33,000 on my stock tires. The front ones are bald and need replacment ASAP. The rear ones have another 7500 miles in them.

·
baby polar bear
1,755 Posts
rymnrsn said:
I got 33,000 on my stock tires. The front ones are bald and need replacment ASAP. The rear ones have another 7500 miles in them.
Do you rotate your tires regularly? this shouldn't happen if you did? :dunno:

btw - welcome! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
avengerjr said:

Do you rotate your tires regularly? this shouldn't happen if you did? :dunno:

btw - welcome! :)
Yes and no - I didnt rotate them the first time and thats why they are off a rotation.:D

Thanks - Ken just told me about this place. I was wondering were everyone went.

·
baby polar bear
1,755 Posts
rymnrsn said:

Yes and no - I didnt rotate them the first time and thats why they are off a rotation.:D

Thanks - Ken just told me about this place. I was wondering were everyone went.
ahhh and ahhh

kick back and have a :drink:

welcome again! :)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Jay Gans said:
If I drive sanely, what kind of wear will I get from EOM mxm4 Michelin Tires. On my old Legend Coupe , I got about 50K on Michelin that were on car before. 205/60 /15 touring types, forgot model?
I have almost 27k and I think I can get another easy 20k out of them

·
Premium Member
13,838 Posts
Re: Re: Tire wear on type S

You HAVE heard of VTEC, right? :sqnteek:

ShockBoltThrower said:

I have almost 27k and I think I can get another easy 20k out of them

·
Registered
464 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Tire wear on type S

autoxCLS said:
You HAVE heard of VTEC, right? :sqnteek:

uhhh, like, yeah dude...

why??:sqnteek: :sqnteek:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2003 TLS and the Michelin tires are BAAAAAAD.I only have 8,000 miles on it an i have bubbles on both front tires.

IF YOU HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH YOUR ACURA, PLEASE CONTACT ME

E-mai - [email protected]

There is a solution to the problem :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts