Acura World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my '04' TSX came with 2 different pairs of new tires. On the front they had Falcons (225/50/17) and on the rear they had Capitals (215/50/17). When I test drove the car it drove funny: lots of vibration, awkward steering response, and lane drift. I figured out they had the bigger tires on the front and the smaller on the rear. (Of course the car is FWD) so I swap them around and the car drives great. And I actually like the wider tires on the rear for better "road hug" in corners. But now I don't know what to do about tire rotation when the time comes. Oh and all the tires are directional...so I can only rotate them front to back...which would put me back to the way I bought it from the dealer. My question is (after this long ass post):lol:; which tire size does the '04' TSX originally (stock rims) come with >>>225/50/17<<< or >>>215/50/17<<<?????????????? I'm just ride these out until they need to change and put the right size on afterward.

·
Premium Member
12,432 Posts
The stock tire size is 215/50/17.

You test drove the car and decided to purchase it even though you experienced lots of vibration and abnormal steering? If I was you I'd look into getting four new tires. :thumbsup:

How's the tread on them now?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The tread is perfect, the tires were brand new. Hahaha......Yea, there was a lot going on that day so I ended up purchasing and closing the deal after they closed the store. The mechanics had already left to go home, so he told me to bring it back the next day. But I'm not new to mechanics so I kinda figured out what it was before I brought it back. After I swapped the wheels around, it all went away. I'll think about getting 4 of the 215/50/17 next time, but I like the idea of wider tread with the 225/50/17. What do you think?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
replace the worst tire, one at a time, until the vibration stops. Rotate on each new tire purchase. If it doesn't fix itr, well, you obviously have something bigger going on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts