Acura World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since buying my 99 Acura TL I have been using 93 octane gas, since the manual specifies using 91 (which you cannot find- great racket!) However, the last issue of the Acura magazine published by Honda has an item which states that the requirment for 91 octane really applies only for "heavy-duty" use and/or long periods of maximum speed (they state "flooring it"!). It is OK to use 89 octane under almost all use conditions. That can save quite a few bucks over the course of a year.
Thought you might be interested, just in case you didn't see the comment.

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
wxman said:
Since buying my 99 Acura TL I have been using 93 octane gas, since the manual specifies using 91 (which you cannot find- great racket!) However, the last issue of the Acura magazine published by Honda has an item which states that the requirment for 91 octane really applies only for "heavy-duty" use and/or long periods of maximum speed (they state "flooring it"!). It is OK to use 89 octane under almost all use conditions. That can save quite a few bucks over the course of a year.
Thought you might be interested, just in case you didn't see the comment.

Hmm... I disagree... there are plenty of people who ping on 91 out in California... Using 89 would definatly do harm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts