Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
should I put the OEM kit on my 02 ABP Tl-S? I can't decide. I'm already dropped on Eibach Pro-kit.. and wonder if my car can take it on these austin roads.

Also, anyone know what speakers I should put int he front? I wanted to get MB-Quarts..but I'm looking for more of a bargain now..since i'm low on cash..and slowly paying debt.

gimme ur thoughts.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
yeah def get the kit, u should be able to take the bumps. I'd say think about JL speakers, if ur tight on cash try to get VR and if ur really tight then get the CR series but IMHO u can't beat JL, they sound beautiful

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
get the kit, you won't regret, it totally changes the car from a boring sedan to a much more aggressive sport sedan :)

and for speakers, post a thread in the audio forum and austin will give ya tons of good advices

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
I always like the look of Type-S with bodykits. I think 02-03 kit looks better than 99-01 (even though it's only for the front...) :(

·
Registered
201 Posts
Get the kit! You can check out pics of my ABP at this link

·
Registered
16,140 Posts
I have thought of it, too, but... most kits I've seen don't fit very well. Especially in the back, where it rounds around the bumper; there is a small gap. I don't want to look ghetto... is there a way to fix that? And the ones I saw were installed by dealers.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
i want the kit, but i learned already I'm either gonna crack it quick or need to be REAL careful - cuz I've parked so many times at gas stations, etc... where my front bumper is over the concrete stoppper or over the sidewalk and If i had a front skirt it woulda went CRACKKKSHHHH
lol

·
Registered
196 Posts
GET IT! :bigok:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for the input guys

Hmm..i think i made my decision..i'm reviewing pictures tho..but..i guess.by the end of the summer i'll be buying a kit..haha thanks..
-jyang411

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey,
If you're worried about scratching your kit on parking bumpers, there's no real need to. I have the wings west kit, and in the front, it sticks down a lot more on the sides, but the front kind of fits over the existing part of your bumper. It surprisingly doesn't stick down a whole lot more...

·
Registered
14,297 Posts
SimTypeS said:
I have thought of it, too, but... most kits I've seen don't fit very well. Especially in the back, where it rounds around the bumper; there is a small gap. I don't want to look ghetto... is there a way to fix that? And the ones I saw were installed by dealers.

weird, cuz i didnt have a gap on mine.... :dunno:

·
Registered
333 Posts
kit it!!
it'll look nicer and sportier. :D:D:D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.