Acura World banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am thinking of getting the RSX and of course will be adding a lot of performance stuff but when i look online or in magazines the say that its for type S only is it the same motor ,drive train except for added horsepower i mean why wouldnt the AEM intake fit on the regular and only the type S ! am i reading this wrong . i mean i like the idea of having a 6 speed but for that and 200hp doesnt grant to much difference i mean i can make up the extra hp in a little engine mods right
please help any and all info would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
If you can get the Type S, get it. Making up horsepower in an RSX isn't easy. I had an Integra before, and it was damn hard to get real horsepower through add ons. Headers are really the only thing will make a noticeable difference (unless you get a turbo/supercharger/NOS).

The Type S and non Type S engines are really different engines. So, if it says Type S only, chances are it won't fit the non Type S unless you do some real modifications.

Also, there aren't that many parts out for the non Types S yet because the car is so new. They'll probably work on just the Types S first, then gradually make parts for the non Types s.

I hope this helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.