Acura World banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question:
Are Toyo Proxes FZ4 235/35R19's good tires or is there something better for about the same price range? how do Bridgestone S03's compare?

I am more concerned about traction and treadlife than I am about all-weather handling. It rarely rains here in Socal.

thanks. I need to put the right shoes on my new rims, whichever ones I end up getting.:cool:

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
everything i have read about the proxes says they are really nice I think paul(songoku) has proxes. If i'm not mistakes the SO3s don't come in 19s someone correct me if i'm wrong casue i would defintaly consider them if they did, they are supposed to be the best max performance tire money can buy right now

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
Good memory, Ryan. :D

Hey Josh,

That's exactly what I have and can probably hook ya up with best price in town. ;)

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
I have 245/35-19 S0-3's on the rears but i don't think they'll fit fronts.
They aren't making 235/35-19's though... so I'm stuck with S0-3's
on the rear and AVS sports on the front. Proxies are good tires...
as are the AVS sports... but don't compare to the S0-3s.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
songoku said:
Good memory, Ryan. :D

Hey Josh,

That's exactly what I have and can probably hook ya up with best price in town. ;)
thanx Paul I try. How do u like those tires? hopefully i'm gonna be in need of some 19" rubber pretty soon better start lookin?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I had the Toyo Proxes FZ4 sized 225/35/19 on my Nissan Maxima. Within 10 months, all 4 tires had failed. 2 had blowouts due to cracks in the sidewall, and the other 2 had tread separation (think Ford Explorers and Firestone). Toyo is saying that the tire pressure was too low. I had 36 psi in there, they say 50 is recommended, but I still don't think those tires should have failed like that.

they did wear very well, but the traction wasn't the greatest. If you're looking for high performance, get something like the T1-S.

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
AP-Signworks said:
I had the Toyo Proxes FZ4 sized 225/35/19 on my Nissan Maxima. Within 10 months, all 4 tires had failed. 2 had blowouts due to cracks in the sidewall, and the other 2 had tread separation (think Ford Explorers and Firestone). Toyo is saying that the tire pressure was too low. I had 36 psi in there, they say 50 is recommended, but I still don't think those tires should have failed like that.
Now I am scare!!! :paronoid: :paronoid: :paronoid:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
songoku said:

Now I am scare!!! :paronoid: :paronoid: :paronoid:
Boy, AP Signworks, you must have just got real unlucky and got a messed up set of tires. You know, I've talked to others who have had toyo proxes before, almost everyone seems to be pretty happy with them.

I think I'll give them a try. For the price range that they're in, they should be good.

no explosions I hope.

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
Bebber said:

Boy, AP Signworks, you must have just got real unlucky and got a messed up set of tires. You know, I've talked to others who have had toyo proxes before, almost everyone seems to be pretty happy with them.

I think I'll give them a try. For the price range that they're in, they should be good.

no explosions I hope.
So Josh,

You're going with Toyo Proxes??

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
songoku said:

So Josh,

You're going with Toyo Proxes??
Yeah, I'm getting them as a sweet package deal with the 19" Axis Se7en 3pc look rims that I have on order. I just hope it all fits.

·
1,163 Posts
Bebber: I've been looking for a axis se7en 3 piece for myself for a while...and coulnd't find one...are you getting the se7en 3 piece imitation? or the REAL se7en 3 piece? how much are you getting it at? thanks

i myself is looking for rims and tires...so tire for me right now is a BIG, HUGE consideration...not to mention that i have literally 3 hole on my front right tire (stock rims/tires)...and 2 can be repaired..adn the other hole can't...so im putting air in it every momnrning for like 5 minutes...so that it'll last me a day...hehe...I've hurd so many good things about toyo tires. espeically the toyo proxes...for $130 a piece...I think thats's the best deal and performance tire...for 18"s...225 or 235...not sure..how long would the treads last me wit a 60miles a day...and 150 miles every wekeend? say...520 miles every week just to be safe....3000 miles every month...to be safe...again...
which tires would i be better off going with? Thanks...

Ryan: you hurd me right...about $130 a piece...if you can beat that...let me know...if not...im sure it would only be 10 or 20 more for the 19" wheels...

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TL RIDAH,

I'm getting a good deal at a shop here in SoCal called Performance Plus Tire Centers. The package price for the tires and the Axis 19" sevens which have the 3pc look but are actually just 1pc construction at a 1pc price comes to just under $2000.

Hey, you could go for the real 3pc one I imagine. They custom make those for you. I don't know the pricing on those but you can call the shop I went to at (310)-3278320 and ask 'em.

Good tires are absolutely essential. You have my total agreement. That can't be good having to pump up your tires daily. You must have hit some major potholes there. If you get larger rims with lower profile tires, that will be even more prone to pothole damage so just keep a watchful eye out for those blackholes of the road; they just suck the life right out of you when you hit one. :eek: Furthermore, there indeed seems to be some weak gravitational forces that pulls any car with big fine rims into potholes, or maybe that is just how it appears to be.

The consensus that i'm hearing is that the Toyo Proxes are a pretty good all around performer. There are certainly higher performing tires out there, but at a higher price. I think they offer me the combo of performance and pricing that I'm going after. I wouldn't be surprised if 19"s cost more than just another $10 from the 18"s. They probably don't make as many 19"s since there's less demand and the cost would be raised because of it. Go for 235 if it will fit. Treadlife would depend largely on the profile of the tire you get and even more largely on the madness with which you might drive. These tires are decent in the treadlife department so I would think you should expect somewhere between 30k-40k miles with semi-aggressive driving. If you're concerned about treadlife, make sure you get wheel alignments and tire rotations regularly.
They won't last as long as the stock Michelins, for sure. Yet, they will grip heckuva lot better.

Well, this info is what I know. I'm no expert in the tire field cause I'm just researching and getting the stuff myself at the moment. Hope this is of some help.

-josh

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.