Acura World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Reports coming out of Germany say that Toyota’s chief test driver, 67 year old Hiromu Naruse, has died in a collision involving the Lexus LFA Nurburgring prototype.

Reports state that Naruse, a Toyota employee since 1967, lost control of the LFA and swerved into the oncoming lane and collided with a BMW driven by two BMW test-drivers. While the BMW test-drivers survived, Naruse died on the spot.

Naruse is also Akio Toyoda’s personal driver and the creator of the LFA.

·
Premium Member
12,432 Posts
Wow... that road is not very wide for two cars. And they must have been traveling at a pretty good speed.

Well, at least that is a somewhat-proper way for him to go. :sadwave:

Ok, so if Toyota's chief test-driver dies in a Toyota/Lexus, what does that have to say to their safety? (Ok ok may not be appropriate but it's a thought! The "new" Toyota Star Safety System is pure BS and the commercials piss me off, so I have to take a crack at them.)

·
Registered
992 Posts
Yea it shows something about their safety issues but that's a prototype so it might not have all the safety features it would have if it became a production vehicle

·
**** Whore
10,136 Posts
Ok, so if Toyota's chief test-driver dies in a Toyota/Lexus, what does that have to say to their safety? (Ok ok may not be appropriate but it's a thought! The "new" Toyota Star Safety System is pure BS and the commercials piss me off, so I have to take a crack at them.)
I laugh when I see that commercial all the time too. What a bunch of :bs:.

Yea it shows something about their safety issues but that's a prototype so it might not have all the safety features it would have if it became a production vehicle
Well, safety features aren't going to help you all the time in a head-on collision like that. I'm sure his age didn't help much either.

·
AW Detailing Wanker
16,287 Posts
Comparing the safety of a Prototype Nurburgring Edition LFA to that of the standard Avalon is not quite fair. Thats like saying Hondas aren't safe because when their motorcycles are involved in accidents the driver/rider is usually injured. Not quite apples and apples. More importantly is that the designer of the car and test driver couldn't keep it under control in what looks like optimal conditions. Not to mention, how two sets of test drivers couldn't manage to prevent a wreck from happening even when one of the two cars was out of control.

Thats like saying Jackie Chan and Chuck Norris couldn't prevent an unarmed coke addict from holding up a diner on any given day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts