Acura World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my car won't drive forward. If I'm not mistaken, it will go in reverse. Has anyone experienced getting a transmission fluid change or flush AFTER this same issue and the car started driving again? Or has anyone ever topped off the transmission fluid and it started driving again? I could just be out of fluid.

Basically trying to figure out if I should go either of these routes before completely getting a new transmission.

TIA

· Registered
13 Posts
So my car won't drive forward. If I'm not mistaken, it will go in reverse. Has anyone experienced getting a transmission fluid change or flush AFTER this same issue and the car started driving again? Or has anyone ever topped off the transmission fluid and it started driving again? I could just be out of fluid.

Basically trying to figure out if I should go either of these routes before completely getting a new transmission.

TIA
If it did this with no preliminary month of the transmission slipping and hesitating, it may just be a stuck valve or solenoid. You can sometimes loosen these up by pouring some acetone or transmission flush into the tranny, about a pint. Then idle the tranny and drive it in whichever gear works, and cycle it through the gears. Let the thing warm up, then turn it off and let it sit for a few days. Then see if it acts any better. You don't have anything to lose and $2,500 to gain by trying this. Afterwards if it works, do a fluid change again. Twice is better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.