Acura World banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i have a 2005 acura tl base with auto trans, 129k miles, no mods, only services done were battery oil and sparkplugs at 128k after i purchased car from auction.
Ok so, i was driving from a mountain range on the highway with a friend and we were really on the pedal going 80-100 through curvy sections of the highway for about 20 mins. Then we get on a few nice straightaways and i hit 150mph! Ahead of me Highway starts curving, we slow down to about 100 and we cruise at that speed for about 1 min before i hear a loud “click” and all of a sudden my car is in neutral and my pedal isn't doing anything! I pull over shut off the car let it cool down for 15 min start it up and shift it into reverse and nothing happens! Same with drive, and lower, and manual mode(1&2 do not work) also no CEL! I checked the trans fluid next morning and it is BLACK! (Already purchased dw1 atf for full flush but never got to it!) It is level and there are no leaks or holes in the transmission! So im guessing the transmission locked it self out! Im also guessing that my shift solenoids are completely clogged and the other sensors that the trans has are too! Car still wont shift into gear after getting it towed and it sitting all night! Im thinking about ordering a sins transmission solenoid kit with all sensors, i dont know if that will help! Let me know how you guys think i should procced!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts