Acura World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.
I have a 03 TL with 185k on it. I just had the trans rebuilt. I am a pickup truck guy and this is the first FWD trans I pulled. When I pulled it for my trans guy, I missed the 2 pig tails on the top shifting servos. They hide under the intake near the starter. I have goggled the best I could and have called the 2 local dealers to me and struck out. I know Honda/Acura has to sell pig tails. At least I hope so. GM and Ford do. Does anyone know where I can find the part number or have a dealer with a good parts guy?
I tried to take apart the plugs, but failed...
Since this car is down, I am DDing my dually and that is starting to hurt money wise. My new trans is in. Just need these 2 pigtails.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
I know Honda/Acura has to sell pig tails. At least I hope so. GM and Ford do. Does anyone know where I can find the part number or have a dealer with a good parts guy?
Did someone say "good parts guy"? :D

Unfortunately, Acura doesn't offer any pigtails. What they *do* offer, is the actual wires with the terminal ends that push into the connectors. Each dealer has a wire harness repair kit that contains dozens of styles of pigtailed wires. If you can bring in the actual wires with the connector ends on them to a dealership, they can be matched up.

Otherwise, you'll have to buy a new or used harness, I'm afraid.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts