Acura World banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got lazy and instead of doing so myself, I took my 2013 Acura TL to a local shop to do a transmission fluid change after I confirmed that they have Honda's fluid for filling her up. All seemed good but after driving 400 km or so I started to hear a hmm/rattle from the transmission when stopped at lights and the sound got louder when it was in reverse. When I checked the level of the transmission fluid it was overfilled... Didn't measure it but probably in the 700ml to liter range roughly . ...damn A-holes!!

I did a complete flush to get rid of what they put in there.. Well a 4 time drain and fill so maybe 90%, since I couldn't trust that Honda's fluid was actually used because they couldn't even read a dipstick.

Yet I still hear the rattle/hmm .. It happens now when idling and in gear or when in reverse or when driving up a steep road/ramp at first gear speed.. The only difference is now there is a delay of 2-3 seconds in making the sound when I come to a stop . If I let the car roll the the sound gets quitter and is gone once I accelerate.

But aside from making this sound I haven't had any problems (and hopefully never) but I am wondering what is causing that sound and how deep is the Sh*t pile these A-holes made..

I changed the transmission filter about 10000 km ago and that got rid of the cold start rattle .. I don't think it is causing this sound but my knowledge is generally very limited and especially for transmission issues.... Hopefully u guys will enlighten me ..and many thanks for it..

BTW car has 100,000 km& its the 3.7 awd trim.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well, it may lead to transmission damage and oil starvation, although it's rare case. My friend from DSRLeasing overfilled few times as well and nothing happened. Prayers to you that it will stay this way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.