Acura World banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 2022 MDX in May 2021. Bought the 5,000 # towing package. Had to wait until November to get the transmission cooler installed. Traveled 3,000 miles since the cooler was installed.

In February was driving on the Florida Turnpike for several hours. 70 degrees. After 90 minutes of 80 mph travel I got the this message on the dashboard display:

TRANSMISSION TEMPERATURE NEAR LIMIT. AVOID HEAVY ACCELERATION AND HIGH SPEED

Pulled into a plaza, put the car in Park and left the engine running while I searched the owners manual. Found nothing. After 5 minutes the message disappeared.

I got back on the road and set the cruise for 75. Called the dealer and spoke to the service tech who coordinated the cooler install. No, I am not towing anything. He was clearly stumped. Thought it might be a bad temperature sensor. Suggested I take it to the nearest dealer and have it checked.

Dealer found nothing and was mystified by the lack of any mention of the event in the computer event log.

It happened again yesterday. Running with traffic on I-75 at 75 mph to 80 mph for an hour or so. 88 degrees outside (Spring time in Florida). Same warning came on. This time I took a photo.

Font Gadget Display device Electronic device Multimedia

1 - 2 of 2 Posts