Acura World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time posting. I have an 06' midnight blue TL and the paint is beautiful except I noticied a chip in the paint near where the trunk lid closes. Before I brought it to the repair shop I thought I'd see what Acura had to say because it was in such a weird spot. The only way I could have chipped the paint was if I had aggressively removed a hard object from the trunk right into the metal. Luckily the service manager at the dealership told me that the paint chips are very common on the TL's because the body panel joints are so tight that if you don't close the trunk lid straight down it can hit on the sides. They touched up the paint at no cost to me and told me all future chips would be covered.

I searched to see if this topic was covered anywhere else but I couldn't find anything. Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same issue with mine, except the dealership said it would not be covered. I'll try fighting with them again because the warranty is running out soon!

·
492 Posts
Mine got a small chip on both sides, this happened when I opened the trunk to put something in it during the winter... while open a piece of ice slid down the rear window, I didnt notice and closed the trunk causing it to close on a bit of an angle and lightly strike the corner making a small chip. I touched it up myself, then wet sanded and buffed it in, could never even tell it happened.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts