Acura World banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally have my new heavy-duty trunk springs in and they are great. I adjusted them so that the trunk opens all the way up on its own, even with my aftermarket spoiler on! You definitely need the tool to install the new springs. Acura wanted about $7.50, but didn't have it in stock, so I went to a Honda dealer and they had it for $9.99...since when did Honda charge more than Acura??? Anyway, it was well worth the extra $10 and literally 10 minutes to remove old torsion bars and install new ones. Dealer wanted $42 and said it would take 30-45 mins. What a bunch of crap...

·
Registered
17 Posts
That is weird, Honda charging more than Acura ??

Glad to hear its fixed.....

·
Oracle11iGuru
249 Posts
Good for you. They are both probably $7.50. Honda probably sees your Acura and raised its price.

·
Registered
615 Posts
not only can you adjust the stock bars, but you can also buy optional heavy duty bars...is that right? i think i might need to look into that with the value sports piece i have.

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Good to hear!! See? I told you need a tool!! :D :D

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by songoku
See? I told you need a tool!! :D:D
Well, I was able to remove them without the tool, but there was no way those heavy-duty ones were going to go in without the tool. Thanks again Paul!

Originally posted by 2001TL4KCdude
They are both probably $7.50. Honda probably sees your Acura and raised its price.
Well, I just called the dealer over the phone and gave the part number to them. Maybe that particular dealer charges more in general...

Originally posted by StanMan
not only can you adjust the stock bars, but you can also buy optional heavy duty bars...is that right?
Yes, you can adjust the stock springs, which I did, but since that didn't help much, I bought the heavy-duty springs. $35 for the springs and $10 for the tool. I put the springs on the original setting and it opened up beautifully. Then I adjusted them and now the trunk opens up all the way by itself. It's incredible :eek:

·
OTS2UPT
426 Posts
Allright now Mr. :bs: , be sure to bring that little tool along to the next mini-meet as I will have to fix up my trunk as well!;)

Just have to order the bars or springs or whatever it is I need.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I need to do this as well. what kind of tool is it and what is the part number for the new springs?
thanx:cool:

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's hard to explain what the tool is BadazzTL...it is just a custom piece of metal that is needed to install the springs. You and JPritch both better get some new heavy-duty torsion bars for your trunks so that I can get more use out of that tool :D

The part number for the springs is: 08F13-SOK-201R2 and costs about $35. You will most likely have to order them because I don't think the dealers around here stock them. I ordered my from Riddle Acura, but I think they are the same price from Hall in NN. The Hall in Va Beach told me they couldn't order them seperately from the OEM spoiler...what :bs:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Guys, how can I adjust my trunk? When I open it, it barley raises above the seals. Do I need a special tool to do it?

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
johnnyb_s said:
It's hard to explain what the tool is BadazzTL...it is just a custom piece of metal that is needed to install the springs. You and JPritch both better get some new heavy-duty torsion bars for your trunks so that I can get more use out of that tool
Hey Jonny,

So are you calling yourself master of torsion spring or what???

:mhihi: :mhihi:

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by Pawel
Guys, how can I adjust my trunk? When I open it, it barley raises above the seals. Do I need a special tool to do it?
You can either get the trunk torsion spring tool or use the handle of a hammer to adjust the springs.

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
johnnyb_s said:
Paul, check my new title out...:D
:eek:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Good choice Johnny!!!

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
VeeDo said:
Hey Vincent,

You're finally back on the board!!! Where have you been??? I haven't seen you in a while!! Welcome back!!! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.