Acura World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked a little bit but I couldn't find it on here.

My question is... My trunk won't open with the button on the door and I already checked to make sure the switch in the glove box was turned on. What should I do next? I feel really stupid for not figuring this out but I don't have time to take apart the door unless I have to.

Thanks

·
The boy and Barclay
1,546 Posts
Hmmm..I'll look at mine to see if there is anything you could rig up, even temporarily to get it open through the ski passthrough door.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
3 Posts
DID this work?

I found some info online here:

Fuse location and labels: (pg.297-301)
https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/om/TL0202/TL0202O00297A.pdf

Solenoid location:
the trunk release on my 2002 acura tl type s sto... - JustAnswer

/uploads/JHoop/2008-03-20_174548_104379928.gif

/uploads/JHoop/2008-03-20_174843_104289278.gif

Hopefully this works I'm going to check it out right now and I'll let you know if it worked or not.

Hey I am having the same problem as you. I have 2002 TL and the trunk won't open now. Please let me know if you found a fix. The dealer quoted me minimum $350 for this crap...

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I cannot get the trunk on my 2008 TL open. The key fob, open button, pull cord and emergeny release all work, but the actual latch won't release. It is a not a valet switch issue. I removed the back seat and tried to work the latch with a screwdriver with no luck. I was wondering if someone knows how to manually work the mechanism? I want to get the trunk open to see if the latch needs to be replaced

Thanks in Advance for any help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone get to the bottom of this? My Mother-in-Law’s 2008 TL is having the same problem where the key fob works but the button inside below the steering wheel does not. Thanks for any info!

smanders

1 - 8 of 8 Posts