Acura World banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Rice Admirer
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, I have my99TL in the body shop (small fender bender), and got a loaner 2002(3?) TL-S and dont see a major diff. Sure, the engine is pretty badass, even chirps in second, but, the interior is so-so. I think I am swayed to my gray (fern?) interior with natural burlwood look, as apposed to the perforated (holes) leather and black-wood?? To each his own, but I thought I would like it MORE (dont get me wrong I DO like it!!). Are all 2002+ leather perforated? I think it looks cheap when its perforated(holes), like a shoe (you never see couches with perforated leather)

·
Allez les Bleus
21,302 Posts
I think the idea is to give it a more sporty look. I personally don't mind it. And no, I don't think it looks like a bowling ball.

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
You have a 99TL and got a loaner for 02 TL-S??
You're lucky man!! :D

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
wow you get a type s as loaner??? interesting, i wonder why would a dealer use a type s as loaner commpared to tl-p. to answer your question, no, not all 02/03 has that kind of leather. only the type s has that leather, the 02/03 tlp will hae the same kind of leather as yours.

i actually like the type s seats more, look more sporty, tighter, and i like the shape a bit more :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
and then on the other hand, I think the TL interior looks cheaper than the TL-S interior.......to each his own.

·
Rice Admirer
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BJsTLS said:
and then on the other hand, I think the TL interior looks cheaper than the TL-S interior.......to each his own.
errrrr, Ok.... Nice justification.

I guess you like sneakers too, as well as bowling balls? In this forum, we like more than... "uh, yeah, yours is ugly too". I didnt like the black burlwood (found common in the blackwood forest??) or the shoe sneaker perforated leather look.

hey, those are neat British Knights your wearing Kangol Kid!

·
That is all.....
5,936 Posts
It's not ugly:mad: I think the type s seats with the perforated leather is more of a "real drivers" seat than the tl-p which to me feels cushy yes, but too isolated feeling. In spirited driving your ass just slides around.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
thas why i got the parchment interior cuz the black wood wasnt look right too me...

my99tl said:
well, I have my99TL in the body shop (small fender bender), and got a loaner 2002(3?) TL-S and dont see a major diff. Sure, the engine is pretty badass, even chirps in second, but, the interior is so-so. I think I am swayed to my gray (fern?) interior with natural burlwood look, as apposed to the perforated (holes) leather and black-wood?? To each his own, but I thought I would like it MORE (dont get me wrong I DO like it!!). Are all 2002+ leather perforated? I think it looks cheap when its perforated(holes), like a shoe (you never see couches with perforated leather)

·
Registered
37 Posts
my99tl said:

errrrr, Ok.... Nice justification.

I guess you like sneakers too, as well as bowling balls? In this forum, we like more than... "uh, yeah, yours is ugly too". I didnt like the black burlwood (found common in the blackwood forest??) or the shoe sneaker perforated leather look.

hey, those are neat British Knights your wearing Kangol Kid!
I stated a simple fact.......to each his own. I didn't realize that I had to spell it out for you. I also didn't realize that only your opinion counts.

As far as "In this forum, we like....." I didn't realize that you were the majority opinion.

Don't dish it if you can't take it back. All I stated is that there are other opinions......

·
Registered
37 Posts
oh, and I don't recall saying that I don't like the TL interior....I just stated that I think it looks cheaper than the interior of the TL-S. I still think it looks good. Neither one is perfect.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I like the perforated leather, and it feels great on the steering wheel too. I didn't like the bowling ball trim at first but it actually grew on me, and I actually don't mind it at all.

my99tl: you're entitled to dislike the perf leather, but some of us are also entitled to like it!

·
Rice Admirer
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:beerchug:

All in all, we own an Acura TL!! I'm happy with either ride!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
my99tl said:
:beerchug:

All in all, we own an Acura TL!! I'm happy with either ride!!
I'll drink to that!! :drink:

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
janda_janda said:
I'm wondering why there is such a diff btwn the CL-S seats and the TL-S seats? Why didn't they just use the same ones?
from what i can see and feel ,the cls seats are more beefy and have better lateral support. i guess the reason for being able to put in a bigger seats is that the rear seats aren't as important, whereas in the tls rear room is a concern too?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.