Acura World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey MDX Pros,

Currently looking at an 2007 MDX in Toronto, Ontario. Car is in nearly pristine condition and less than 100,000 kms (62,000 miles). Drives well.

Got it up on the hoist of an independent mechanic and saw what seemed like a lot of rust underneath. See attached images.

The mechanic told me it was about average for a car of this vintage, however when I called my own body guy he was adamant that there shouldn't be this much rust. He feels the vehicle has likely sat unused for quite a while, perhaps run around in the winter then parked in a heated garage where the salt did it's work.

Thought I'd post to see what a group of MDX experts and owners might think. Would you stay away from this vehicle based on what you see?

Thanks,

Todd

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same issue on my 2011 mdx so I got my drill with wire brush one big the other smaller and went to work. It took me about 3 hours to get the rust off. After that I took it to car wash and got the under carriage took it home let it dry and sprayed if with black rustoleum paint. Looks great and I did get a really good deal for the mdx.
Ripster

1 - 3 of 3 Posts