Acura World banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 TL. Replaced battery a couple of months ago. While driving the car it went dead (no engine, no lights, no turn signals, no flashers, no power door locks). After sitting for 5-10 minutes, lights and flashers came back on. Car started and drove fine for a couple of days. I took battery back to have it tested and even replaced with another new one. Then one night I went to drive the car home from work and the key FOB would not open the doors. After getting in and starting the car several other problems were present: The dash light dimmer would not work, the turn signals would not work, parking lights would not work (lights would only come on when headlights were full on), power door locks would not work, windshield wipers would only work on fastest speed, A/C compressor would not work. On Nov 2 I had the car towed to my mechanic who said it could be the Multiplex Integrated Control Unit (MICU), but was only about 75% sure that could fix the problem, and that he might have to also replace the Relay Control Module. The car worked fine for about 3 weeks and then the same identical problems came back. I took the car back and mechanic replaced the RCM. When I picked up the car, he said that all the problems were fixed except that now the VSA switch light was on. He said to see if the other problems would stay fixed and then he would repair the VSA switch. Yesterday, all the original problems returned, with the addition of the alarm coming on when opening the door with the doors unlocked. I've spent over $1200 on this problem and nothing is fixed. I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Pull fuse 6 for Bluetooth if you aren't currently using it. Common problem causing electrical drains and linked to a lot of engine and electrical resets, which go through ecu controlled optimizations

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.