Acura World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Fire-Breathing Femme
6,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We packed up the family and drove down to South Florida this weekend to visit my parents in their EMPTY rental house and see what happened to my house in the fire...

My mom truly IS my hero. If she hadn't used the hose on the door and the wall adjacent to the house, the fire absolutely would have consumed the entire house before the fire departments got there (two responded). The seals on the door leading into the house had completely melted, and had the wood panels blown out, the flames would have exploded inward.

Apparently, while my mom was hosing the garage, the Cobra STARTED and DROVE FORWARD into the cabinets in front of it - which had paint thinner and other random flammable cannisters inside. She said things started exploding - and then the power (and along with it, the water) cut off...so she had to stop.

To add insult to injury, the attic door burned off and the ladder crashed down into the Stook's windshield. My mom had just gotten a lot of my old baby dolls out of the attic to put into Maddie's room, and they were lined up, eyeballs burned out and hair charred, on the hood of her car.

VERY creepy.

BUT they got a TL-S out of the deal, so I guess every cloud has a silver lining, right? ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,564 Posts
:eek: :eek: :eek: :shakehed: :bigcry:

Every time I think about what COULD have happened, I get a chill. I'm so glad your parents are OK.... The cars can be replaced. BTW, excellent choice on the TL-S. What color is it?

Now your mother has just made it on my all-time list of "Women Who Kick Ass and Take Names." :bow: :D She sounds like someone I'd like to know. :)

-Maria

1 - 2 of 2 Posts