Acura World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone looked into replacing the existing camera on the MDX? I have a 2008 which the camera is about worthless. That includes in the middle of the day. The quality and capabilities of cameras must have improved since 2008. I've found a couple of sites that offers only the camera, but not sure which one might work. Hopefully someone has already done this with some success and do not want to reinvent the wheel.

I understand we will be limited to the resolution of the LCD screen, but hopefully there is a camera out there that will help. Yes already turned the knob to increase the brightness as much as I could. Yesterday I was backing up in a parking garage and could not see a thing. Although I have used mirrors for years, it would be nice to take advantage of the technology.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone looked into replacing the existing camera on the MDX? I have a 2008 which the camera is about worthless. That includes in the middle of the day. The quality and capabilities of cameras must have improved since 2008. I've found a couple of sites that offers only the camera, but not sure which one might work. Hopefully someone has already done this with some success and do not want to reinvent the wheel.

I understand we will be limited to the resolution of the LCD screen, but hopefully there is a camera out there that will help. Yes already turned the knob to increase the brightness as much as I could. Yesterday I was backing up in a parking garage and could not see a thing. Although I have used mirrors for years, it would be nice to take advantage of the technology.
Cameras did not improve much at all.
I have a 2013 w/tech and the camera sucks big time. At night being useless.
I posted the same question at another forum and came out empty handed.
I believe that on the much renewed 2014 the camera was not upgraded either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts