Acura World banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon gentlemen I have a 08 Tl that has valve issues I watched a video where a tech walked me thru checking the misfires with a scan tool after a scan tool diag I could see cylinder 6 was having the most misfires all though all six were misfiring upon removing the valve cover and doing a valve adjustment I found number six to be way out. After doing a visual inspection I noticed the height of the valve spring to be different from the other valve springs is it just stuck or is it engine damage if any one has seen this before please help I just replaced the trans in this car 4 months ago and before that it sat for a year. Pictures are below where I over adjusted the valve but there is clearly a issue that over adjusting won’t fix
Motor vehicle Light Gas Screw Machine

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
77 Posts
Two engines are available for the 2008 TL. Under the hood of the TL is an all-aluminum 3.2-liter V-6 with 24 valves and Acura's VTEC® - Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control. The 3.2-liter V-6 delivers 258 horsepower and 233 lb-ft of torque and bro visit the acura repair shop where you get better guidance

·
Registered
161 Posts
So based on the pics it looks like valve sits lower than the rest when on the low lobe based on how much the adjustment is screwed in. Therefore suspect the valve is not seating. Could be a bent valve not seating, stuck valve, or carbon on the velve stem not allowing it to close all the way! If the timing belt broke it could be a bent valve since these are zero clearance engines.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts