Acura World banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you guys need a TSB for warp brake rotors here is the pic to print out and show it to the dealer..

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Yes, under warranty, but if you notice when it talks about warranty on the TSB, it says that it's up to the dealer to do it for free when out of initial warranty period. Good luck.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'm taking my car in on Monday to Tustin Acura. They will probably do the brake job for free anyhow, but I'll keep this handy printout as backup evidence.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Ok, got my brakes done at Tustin Acura under warranty. They didn't require me to show proof of the TSB but did need just a little nudge to get them to do it for free.

So they replaced the front pads and resurfaced the front rotors. My brakes feel pretty weak now, but that's probably just the break-in period feel and I should go easy on them for a little while.

One thing, they scratched the paint on one of my calipers a bit. Probably not worth complaining about, not that they would do anything for me anyhow if I did.

·
I WANT YOU!
5,777 Posts
I took my car in about a month or so ago for this problem. They said "no problem" and fixed 'er up. :bigok:

·
I WANT YOU!
5,777 Posts
Bebber said:
Ok, got my brakes done at Tustin Acura under warranty. They didn't require me to show proof of the TSB but did need just a little nudge to get them to do it for free.

So they replaced the front pads and resurfaced the front rotors. My brakes feel pretty weak now, but that's probably just the break-in period feel and I should go easy on them for a little while.

One thing, they scratched the paint on one of my calipers a bit. Probably not worth complaining about, not that they would do anything for me anyhow if I did.
My brakes feel a little weak afterwards too. I'm guessing it's a combination of:

1.) summertime glaze on the rotors

2.) the rotors being a little thinner since the refinish

:dunno:

·
Registered
11 Posts
i am taking my car in tom to ed morse acura in pompano beach fl, and i ofcourse have my TSB sheet to bring with me just incase they wanna be pricks about it. I never been there but they are closer then my normal dealer, who also said i may have needed brakes like 3 months ago. IF they dont do it, ill take the car back to my normal dealer. Hopefuully they will do them if all else fails.
ill let u all know tom by noonish, goin in at 9
wg

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Good luck at the dealer man, I hope they dont give you any grief about it, let me know what happens, laterz

·
67 Posts
hey, i just dropped my car off @ acura. they told me the brake things r not under warranty. where is the pic u said has the TSB?

4thGSi said:
If you guys need a TSB for warp brake rotors here is the pic to print out and show it to the dealer..

·
haf
10,591 Posts
Re: Re: Very useful... (brake related)

bLAQUEmALE said:
hey, i just dropped my car off @ acura. they told me the brake things r not under warranty. where is the pic u said has the TSB?
dude, you need to explore our website a little more - click up at the top of this page on TSB and you'll see every TSB listed here....for the one you're referring to, it's here:

http://www.acuraworld.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27268

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.