Acura World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
My VSA system light came on and all 4brakes locked up on my 07 Acura TL . Any help would be appreciated
2009 Acura TL SH-AWD 116,990 Miles

Recently changed out my master cylinder, and the car was sitting for maybe a week or so as it is not my daily driver. I decided to visit my father and I took the Acura. Before I got to his house (about a 15 minute drive), I noticed a bumping sound in the driver's rear wheel. After awhile the car started to apply the brakes and the brakes were getting hot. When I got to my father's house the wheels were hot. Obviously something was wrong. After about an hour I got in the car and drove it home. Before I got there, the ABS and VSA light had come on and the brakes were nearly completely locked. All brakes were smoking. I called the local Honda dealership which is only a 10 minute drive from my house and had the car towed there for repair. They contacted me and said since the ABS light is on and the wheels are locked that they would start with replacing the ABS modulator. Fast forward nearly a week and they said the car was repaired and I can pick it up. I went to the dealership, paid $2814 and the car did the EXACT same thing before I got to my house 10 minutes away. ABS and VSA lights came on and the brakes were locked and smoking. After a few unpleasantries from my end toward the dealership on the phone the tow truck took the car back to the Honda dealership.

Couple of things: I don't believe that the car was test driven after the repair and I am also am not too sure that the culprit for the car issues lie entirely with the ABS modulator...if at all. For one, I don't think they even checked the ABS wheel speed sensors. The head mechanic said that they would start with the ABS modulator (the most expensive thing) and go from there. Why not check the lesser expensive things first? If it turns out that the problem is a bad ABS wheel speed sensor or something simple to do with my brake master cylinder install then I am going to kindly suggest that they take the damn new ABS modulator off of my car, replace it with my old one and refund the difference.

·
Registered
30 Posts
hi you are talking about this that you don't believe that the car was test driven after the repair and I am also am not too sure that the culprit for the car issues lie entirely with the ABS modulator...if at all. for this you have to talk with consultant
What is the use of chickpea Flour ?
hi as per your talk for repairing car test driven or If buy a used car we must know the history of the vehicle which having secrets. I have experience with VIN decoder service which help me in decision when buying a used car like previous owners, vehicle specifications, title records, accident records, odometer readings, service and maintenance history I so visit Vin Decoder Service website https://thevinsearch.com/vin-decoder

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lubricating the parking brake system should fix that issue, and removing the pads and applying a small amount of grease to the edge should fix skewed pads. Once stuck pads have been freed from a disc, the solution is resurfacing the disc and replacing the pads. I think I answer your question right ....
Sodium Hypo Chlorite

1 - 4 of 4 Posts